Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 03, 2024, 01:56:39 pm

Author Topic: SEAS impact statements  (Read 20168 times)  Share 

merlin

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
SEAS impact statements
« on: August 28, 2008, 11:10:49 pm »
Hi, for those who are applying for SEAS, I'm wondering how u going with your impact statements-- finished, struggling, confused, haven't started or have no idea what it is lol ;D?

For me I'm nearly finished but I'm not too sure if I gave enough detail.

In the SEAS booklet in the section about impact statements it says 'u should limit your response to 2500 character (including spaces)'. Just making sure, does the amt of characters means the amt letters? Caues if that's the case, then according to word count I have written over 5000 characters and over 600 words for my impact statement. Does that mean that I have written too much and my impact statement will not be read? Cause seriously I don't think how u could give a detailed enough explanation in roughly around 300 words. 

costargh

Re: SEAS impact statements
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:14:03 pm »
Hey, I just did mine.
I did it in 2000 characters. You're gonna have to cut it down. The box doesnt allow you to put more characters than that. And yes characters are letters including spaces.

merlin

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:21:13 pm »
ooo, I see now thanks for clearing that up!

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 11:32:36 am »
Urgh. I've done my Impact Statement on the 6th of Aug, but it's so shit, that I still havn't sumbitted it! LOLWTF.

My statement of support which I mailed last week, has arrived at VTAC hq before the actual impact statement LOOOOL. So I had to call them up to ensure that they didn't chuck it away due to confusion.

I keep postponing it, 'cause I have so much to write and I have other more important stuphz to do. :)

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

sxcalexc

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:35:08 am »
Hmmm which one is which? Is the impact statement the one in the online SEAS application? If so, is the statement of support a separate statement that needs to be mailed? Thx, the VTAC website isn't exactly clear on the matter.

costargh

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 11:39:39 am »
Impact statement is what you write online. At the end of the application there should be a link to print of a statement of support. This is what you get a teacher/doctor/psychologist to fill in.

Does anyone know if you need any other supporting evidence for special consideration?

Noblesse

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 11:54:55 am »
Do you have to write an impact statement for being in an unrepresented school (when applying for SEAS to Melbourne Uni)?

squance

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 11:57:52 am »
Do you have to write an impact statement for being in an unrepresented school (when applying for SEAS to Melbourne Uni)?

No.

Butler

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 12:29:54 pm »
I've been putting off writing the impact statement; I have no idea what to say and how to avoid making it a cliche-ridden suck story.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett.

I (L) probability.

VCE '08: Philosophy, Literature, History: Revs, Methods & English Language

sxcalexc

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 12:40:33 pm »
Impact statement is what you write online. At the end of the application there should be a link to print of a statement of support. This is what you get a teacher/doctor/psychologist to fill in.

Does anyone know if you need any other supporting evidence for special consideration?
Sweet, cheers Costa.

I've been putting off writing the impact statement; I have no idea what to say and how to avoid making it a cliche-ridden suck story.

I made mine very direct and concise. They are not assessing you on your ability to talk crap but on your circumstances and why you have been adversely affected.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:19:49 pm by sxcalexc »

vce01

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 01:21:28 pm »
the statement of support is only for Australian Catholic University or Charles Sturt University isnt it?
ENTER - 96.00

2009: Commerce/Law @ ANU.

costargh

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 01:26:07 pm »
the statement of support is only for Australian Catholic University or Charles Sturt University isnt it?
No :S Not that I know of

vce01

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 01:29:29 pm »
No :S Not that I know of

hm well unless im missing something, for category 2 atleast it says:

Statement of support

Only required for applicants to Australian Catholic University or Charles Sturt University.

http://www.vtac.edu.au/seas/access-equity/category2.html
ENTER - 96.00

costargh

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 01:34:49 pm »
VTAC website- http://www.vtac.edu.au/seas/evidence.html#q3
Do I have to use the Statement of Support form?

YES - If the category you are applying for needs a statement of support, it must be written on a Statement of Support form. If applying for an Access and Equity category you must use the Access and Equity Statement of Support form. If applying for Year 11/12 Special Consideration you must use the Year 11/12 Special Consideration Statement of Support form.

If your category doesn't require one then don't worry about it. But if your category needs one you must submit it.

vce01

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 01:35:43 pm »
sweet, thank god for that. im struggling with my IS as it is.
ENTER - 96.00