Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 08:52:16 pm

Author Topic: How long does the ATAR last?  (Read 26883 times)  Share 

boysenberry

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
How long does the ATAR last?
« on: July 17, 2010, 03:35:46 pm »
Is it true that your ATAR score lasts for five years? If so, what does this mean?
If you take a gap year after year 12, do a double degree the following four years, would you need to repeat year 12 if you want to do another course in uni the following year? So, how long does the ATAR score last and why does it have an expiry date? What's the purpose of this?

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +22
Re: How long does the ATAR last?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:42:48 pm »
i THINK and this is just my spectultion, that means that you can only take 5 year to do your VCE, ie. how you can do it over two years (doing 3/4(s) in year 11)

plus, if ur going to do another course after ur undergrad, entry is probs not based on ur atar nwyz....

boysenberry

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 06:37:52 pm »
i THINK and this is just my spectultion, that means that you can only take 5 year to do your VCE, ie. how you can do it over two years (doing 3/4(s) in year 11)

Cool, that means doing a 5 year VCE would make getting 99.95 a lot easier! Has anyone ever done a five year VCE? It would have been pretty sweet to do 1 VCE subject from year 8 to year 11. Then doing 2 in year 12. I mean instead of working extraordinarily hard for just one year.

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 06:59:08 pm »
know guy at my school doing a three  VCE program, i.e. last year he did year 11 but did one 3/4, and at the start of this year he(well at least his parents) dicided he would do an extra year, so this year he's like doing two 3/4s and some 1/2s and next year he'll do some more 3/4s.

Some schools specifically tailor ur program to let you do that.

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:44:59 pm »
he's like 18 this year ? I THINK....yea...i suppose he is wasting a year in a way, but i mean if his parents are happy to fork out an extra 22 grand so their kid can party more in high school (cos you know, hs wouldn't be partying in uni or anything : P ), then i guess it's their choice.....