Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:55:57 am

Author Topic: Quick Reminder: Change of Preferences  (Read 2552 times)  Share 

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Quick Reminder: Change of Preferences
« on: December 07, 2018, 06:24:50 pm »
+13
Change of Preference Day
In the same vein as this post, I’ve collated all the Victorian institutes opening their doors for Change of Preference (COP) Days, Open Days or Information Days.

Reason this is being posted a little earlier is because some of these institutes are having theirs next week and I'd hate for anyone to miss out just because they weren't aware. There are some TAFE and VET courses from the "other institutes" list that have already had theirs recently (earliest I saw was December 4), but still have course information help/ contact information to get help.

What’s Change of Preference Day?
It’s essentially another Open Day for those who are applying through VTAC this year to check out campuses and ask questions about courses. This time, though, you'll know your ATAR and can decide on a clearer pathway to a career. It’s also a week that you can, you guessed it, add/ delete courses and change your preferences accordingly.

Important Dates
VTAC deadline for preferences is Wednesday 19 December 2018 at noon. Please change your preferences before this time, as there will be only very short timeframes afterwards that you’ll be able to do this again and you’ll have to wait until the New Year for these to come. See here for these shorter change of preference periods.

First round domestic (i.e. Australian citizen) Victorian tertiary offers arrive Wednesday 16 January 2019.

Universities: Where, what time and where can I check this out online?
Note: You might need to register for something. I’ll be indicating this with a “register earlier” beside the institute. (Blue ones indicate links.)

ACU (info): No event available; live chat and FAQ link here
CQ (info): Online chat available Wednesday 17 Dec 9am-1pm (click "info" beside uni name)
Deakin (info): Burwood campus Info Session Sunday 16 Dec 11am - 2pm (register earlier); Geelong Waurn Ponds campus Info Session Monday 17 Dec 11am - 1pm (register earlier); online chat or call available – click “info” link beside uni’s name (Any concerned and/or tech-savvy parents/ guardians can check out this link for how to help their young adults)
Federation (info): Monday 17 Dec 2 – 7pm, Mt Helen, Berwick and Gippsland Campuses (locations listed in more detail here and register earlier)
La Trobe (info): No event available, but can book for 1-on-1 consultation (see “info” beside uni name)
Melbourne(info): Monday 17 Dec 10am – 2:30pm Parkville campus (register earlier)
Monash (info): Monday 17 Dec 3 – 7pm, Caulfield campus, Building H (register earlier)
RMIT (info): Monday 17 Dec 2 - 5pm, City campus, New Academic St (360 Swanston St), Buildings 8-12 (register earlier)
Swinburne (info): Monday 17 Dec 10am – 3pm, Hawthorn Campus (register earlier)
Victoria (info): Monday 17 Dec 3 – 6pm, Footscray Park campus (register earlier); 1-on-1 consultations also available and must be booked (register here)

Other Institutes: Where, what time and where can I check this out online?
AIE (info): None found (courses linked instead)
Box Hill Institute (info): across Dec 2018 and Jan 2019 (see and register in “info” link for Info Days)
Chisholm (info): Wednesday 12 Dec 5-7pm, Berwick campus (register earlier with “info” link beside institute name)
Homesglen (info): Jan 24 2019 (time depends on course area; see and register with “info” link)
Melbourne Polytechnic (info): None found (courses linked instead)
SAE (info): Thursday 13 Dec 6pm – 8pm, Melbourne Campus (register earlier with “info” link)
William Angliss (info): None found (courses linked instead)

As you can probably tell from the quantity of links, this post may have some mistakes or be missing an institute you want to go to. If this is the case, please post below and I'll edit this post accordingly.

P.S. E6P's post on universities and their rankings is a good read if you think "prestige" is a deciding factor for your choice of course (tip: it really shouldn't), want to know what rankings really mean and whether you can "waste your ATAR" (tip: no, you can't).
P.P.S. Not sure why ordering preferences matters? Aaron posted back in 2016 all about this (click here to view it).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 07:43:41 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
Re: Quick Reminder: Change of Preferences
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 04:00:54 pm »
+5
Bumping this thread up for the Victorians and Victorian uni hopefuls:
VTAC preferences are due tomorrow at noon.

If you’re still undecided, please ask on the appropriate board(s).

Next time course preferences will be open is January 3 (3pm) 2019 - January 4 (4pm) 2019.
VTAC Info Thread

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
Re: Quick Reminder: Change of Preferences
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 04:59:18 pm »
+5
Bumping as a reminder: Last chance to change preferences before the VTAC January offers begins tomorrow at 3pm and close the day after, as stated previously:
Next time course preferences will be open is January 3 (3pm) 2019 - January 4 (4pm) 2019.

There will be more short windows to change preferences afterwards, however, these will be February offers (usually Round 2 onwards).
Round 2 change of preference closes at 4pm on January 25.

Please check the dates here to avoid missing any important dates.
VTAC Info Thread