Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:58:56 pm

Author Topic: Mid hsc feelings  (Read 2253 times)

Louisa North

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
Mid hsc feelings
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:17:05 pm »
+9
Wow, what a year it has already been. Many past papers completed, maths formulas utilized, hours spent reading and watching hamlet and days upon days upon days charging on through the dreaded textiles major work. It sure is crazy to think that my whole 13 years of schooling is coming to an end and will end on November 7th this year. After all the many faked sick days, late night scrambles to finish assignments, after school tears and rants to mum, lunch orders, days when your watermelon or orange has leaked into your bag and large ladders which have formed in your stockings, it is all coming to an end.
These emotions and feelings are probably what are motivating me to work so hard, study so efficiently and diligently and turn up to school even when it is 15 degrees and my throat is sore and my nose is blocked. My main quote spinning through my head this whole year has been "Finish this year with no regrets", let me explain. I wish to finish this year knowing that I've given it my all, knowing that I have worked even when I haven't wanted to, knowing that I have finished exams writing every last bit of syllabus juice that is occupied in my brain. I wish to finish knowing that I have no more left to give. I wish to finish and prove to everybody that you can do "low scaling" subjects and still DO WELL. With hard work, determination and effort you can perform well and get where you wish to be. I wish to finish and beat peers that picked subjects that are "high scaling" even when they have no remote interest in them and sit back thinking that just by picking the subject they can achieve a great atar.
I hope I wake up on November 8th this year, being secure in the fact that I have given it my all and that whatever my end result is, I am still purposeful, full of worth and value.
Louisa xoxoxo

prickles

• Forum Obsessive
  • Goals are just dreams with deadlines
  • Respect: +268
Re: Mid hsc feelings
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 07:46:57 pm »
+2
I wish to finish and prove to everybody that you can do "low scaling" subjects and still DO WELL.
Hey, great to have you here, nice first post! Other than obviously english, maths and textiles, what subjects do you do? What levels of english and maths?
And yes, it's crazy to think that 13 years of school are accumulating to about 3 weeks of exams. I often wonder how they can assess 13 years of learning in just 3 weeks.
How are you finding year 12? Stressed or absolutely nailing it?
Hope to hear from you soon  ;D

Louisa North

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 08:06:32 pm »
+2
Thank you! I do advanced english, general maths, textiles technology, food technology, CAFS and biology! Yeah how crazy! Surprisingly, I'm finding it a lot better than I thought it would be, and sometimes I've kind of been like what's so hard about the HSC? I really really enjoy working, studying and getting homework done and love the satisfaction of getting things done, so much that sometimes when I am doing something that isn't studying, I miss it! I of course get stressed, but that stress pushes me to work harder and focus more, because I know the awful feeling of leaving things to the last minute. I have been just taking things day by day, and just working at getting the set amount of work I wish to do done each day, which has been really helpful and creates a less stressful mindset.
Are you currently doing year 12? How are you finding it? What subjects do you do?

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 10:07:21 pm »
+2
Hey, Louisa.
Great to have you on board! Keep us updated as you glide through the second half of the HSC ;D
It's great that you have a passion and ambition - there's definitely more to life than just studying, so I'm glad you're not feeling stressed out about the HSC. Keep this optimism up - it goes a long way with studying mentality as well.

I did particularly "low scaling" subjects (as opposed to the chem/phys/4u maths etc), and there's definitely nothing wrong with doing well in low scaling subjects. One of my friends scored 98.55 with General Maths, Standard English, Business Studies, Biology, and CAFS, but all band 6. So, definitely achievable!!

Keen to hear more from you in the future! :D

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 04:14:20 pm »
+3
Thank you! I do advanced english, general maths, textiles technology, food technology, CAFS and biology! Yeah how crazy! Surprisingly, I'm finding it a lot better than I thought it would be, and sometimes I've kind of been like what's so hard about the HSC? I really really enjoy working, studying and getting homework done and love the satisfaction of getting things done, so much that sometimes when I am doing something that isn't studying, I miss it! I of course get stressed, but that stress pushes me to work harder and focus more, because I know the awful feeling of leaving things to the last minute. I have been just taking things day by day, and just working at getting the set amount of work I wish to do done each day, which has been really helpful and creates a less stressful mindset.
Are you currently doing year 12? How are you finding it? What subjects do you do?

Hi Louisa....

Ooh, another food techie! Glad to have you here on AN - there's not many of us around!

You have a very valuable mindset to subject scaling.  :) At the end of the day, I feel it should always be: do what you enjoy, and then just try your guts out until the final exams.

Look forward to hearing updates and seeing you around AN.  ;D
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 01:18:40 pm »
Louisa, I totally agree with your message!
If we try out best, that's the best we can do. and our worth is not found in our marks, but that we can be proud of what we have done.
tbh, i'm just so ready for the end. I'm looking forward to those summer holidays and long break, knowing I'm ready to leave high school.
ATAR: 89.55
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats