Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 01, 2024, 08:05:56 pm

Author Topic: Internship for FFP medical students  (Read 2575 times)  Share 

xps1997

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Internship for FFP medical students
« on: March 14, 2018, 08:59:29 pm »
Hello
I am a PR student and interested in going into medicine FFP. I know that the CSP students get guaranteed placements and the rest goes to the FFP and international students to fight for. I was just wondering how hard is it to actually get an internship as a FFP/International  medical students. And how do they decide which FFP/International students get the internship and which don't. I know the placements are getting 'saturated' but I wanted a more quantitative answer to this question, if there is one.

Thank you

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Internship for FFP medical students
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:16:54 pm »
+1
Hello
I am a PR student and interested in going into medicine FFP. I know that the CSP students get guaranteed placements and the rest goes to the FFP and international students to fight for. I was just wondering how hard is it to actually get an internship as a FFP/International  medical students. And how do they decide which FFP/International students get the internship and which don't. I know the placements are getting 'saturated' but I wanted a more quantitative answer to this question, if there is one.

Thank you

I'm fairly sure that this is not the case. FFP students who are Australian residents that trained in Victoria are priority one, just the same as CSP. International students (in Victoria) are then #2, and then everyone else including interstate is #3.

By the numbers, I mean that internships are allocated giving priority first to #1, then #2 and then #3.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 10:07:29 pm »
Hello

Thank you

As far as I’m aware, domestic FFPs are pretty much guaranteed internships, however this may not be the case in the future as the number of CSP graduates each year comes closer to the number of internships available.
UAdel MBBS

geek123456

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 12:20:40 pm »
Sorry to bump up such an old post but what do you mean by interstate applicants?
Are these the one not on CSP or just interstate in general!
I'm fairly sure that this is not the case. FFP students who are Australian residents that trained in Victoria are priority one, just the same as CSP. International students (in Victoria) are then #2, and then everyone else including interstate is #3.

By the numbers, I mean that internships are allocated giving priority first to #1, then #2 and then #3.

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 02:14:07 pm »
+1
Sorry to bump up such an old post but what do you mean by interstate applicants?
Are these the one not on CSP or just interstate in general!

People who studied at a uni outside Victoria.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd