Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 04, 2024, 12:25:46 am

Author Topic: Predictions!  (Read 6966 times)

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +41
Predictions!
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:40:47 pm »
+2
Any predictions for any of the modules and Discovery? My favourite way to procrastinate  ;D

I don't think they'll specify a speech this year since they seem to have done it every even year (2012 was someone..., 2014 was Deane, 2016- Lessing)

Hopefully they don't ask about gender in any of the modules!

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
Re: Predictions!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:55:20 pm »
+1
There's speculation on Facebook that each year for discovery they go down the rubric for the essay and thus this year will be confronting and provocative discoveries
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

pikachu975

• Forum Obsessive
  • Stars and Bars
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 11:22:03 pm »
There's speculation on Facebook that each year for discovery they go down the rubric for the essay and thus this year will be confronting and provocative discoveries

That would be nice

Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.
Send me a message if interested!

2016 HSC (Accelerated):
// 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //

2017 HSC:
// English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //

Goal: 99.9

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 10:57:14 am »
Any predictions for any of the modules and Discovery? My favourite way to procrastinate  ;D

I don't think they'll specify a speech this year since they seem to have done it every even year (2012 was someone..., 2014 was Deane, 2016- Lessing)

Hopefully they don't ask about gender in any of the modules!

Attack the gender questions! Module A and B are raw candidates for gender questions, depending on your texts. Gender doesn't really feature too strongly in W B Yeats' poetry (side note: it actually definitely does in his entire oeuvre, and a high skilled analysis would dive right into this, but it wouldn't be asked in the HSC I imagine), but it does feature in Richard III, and good ol' King Dick has been on the prescribed text list for many years now so they might be shuffling through to something like this!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

studyharddd

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 11:33:55 am »
Gender for RIII/LFR would be a dream come true.

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 12:02:09 pm »

Really hope that happens! Don't want it to be on something like relationships or ramifications (seeing as I still don't completely understand what it means)!

Attack the gender questions! Module A and B are raw candidates for gender questions, depending on your texts. Gender doesn't really feature too strongly in W B Yeats' poetry (side note: it actually definitely does in his entire oeuvre, and a high skilled analysis would dive right into this, but it wouldn't be asked in the HSC I imagine), but it does feature in Richard III, and good ol' King Dick has been on the prescribed text list for many years now so they might be shuffling through to something like this!

I have enough quotes for one paragraph for gender. Hopefully it doesn't happen bc my other paragraph will be empty :(

My ultimate dream for Richard is a generic how have values been transformed across the eras question or something about power/morality/motives
For speeches I don't mind if they specify Pearson, Sadat, Keating or Deane but don't do sometimes like imagery or just conclusions of a speech!

blasonduo

• HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
  • Respect: +356
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 12:14:15 pm »
+1
I suspect our creative writing stimulus will be textual based.

but again, who knows!
2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Kicking myself into gear

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!

TheFreeMarketeer

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 12:33:37 pm »

I did some really good analysis on gender for Mod A Orwell/Lang intertextual perspectives. My fear is it's such an esoteric way to approach the two texts, seeing as both deal with far more analysed themes such as power, control, rebellion, etc...

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 01:19:02 pm »
+1
I did some really good analysis on gender for Mod A Orwell/Lang intertextual perspectives. My fear is it's such an esoteric way to approach the two texts, seeing as both deal with far more analysed themes such as power, control, rebellion, etc...
TheFreeMarketeer! I've been wondering where you've been!

That's great that you're confident with that analysis. Fingers crossed it works in your favour in the exam room!

HamBurr17

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 02:34:04 pm »
Gender? As in male/female perspective within texts etc. or...? I'm a bit lost, for which module would that be asked?
HSC 2017: English Adv | Society and Culture | Legal Studies | Modern History | Ancient History | Industrial Technology - Multimedia

Azurelies

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 03:46:19 pm »
Just hope they don't ask for 2 related in AOS or mod c!

Fingers crossed :')
Class of 2017
Advanced English - Mathematics Extension 2 - Mathematics Extension 1 - Chemistry - Physics

UON MBBS (Joint Medical Program)

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 04:33:51 pm »
+2
Gender? As in male/female perspective within texts etc. or...? I'm a bit lost, for which module would that be asked?

I was thinking Module A, where they have the potential to frame it around the female characters, especially for Richard III (though I'll probably cry on Elyse's shoulder if it happens!), as well as Module B (speeches address women quite a bit).

HamBurr17

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 05:07:49 pm »
I was thinking Module A, where they have the potential to frame it around the female characters, especially for Richard III (though I'll probably cry on Elyse's shoulder if it happens!), as well as Module B (speeches address women quite a bit).

Thanks for the reply. My texts are actually EBB's Sonnets.../F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby for Module A, and Hamlet for Module B, however that has actually helped me think about the female composer/characters in my texts, so thanks!
HSC 2017: English Adv | Society and Culture | Legal Studies | Modern History | Ancient History | Industrial Technology - Multimedia

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 05:48:17 pm »
+1

My shoulder is prepared, although I'm sure you won't need it!

J.B

• Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 06:02:41 pm »

What are some ideas of gender in 1984/metropolis I haven't even thought about it being a possibility!!