Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 03:23:57 am

Author Topic: Question: Related Text for TRANSITIONS (prescribed):The Story of Tom Brennan  (Read 2210 times)  Share 

Skeljen

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
My chosen related text is The Godfather film, the first film.
Basically my question is, was this a good choice? Do you think it's able to relate well enough to Tom's (prescribed) situation in the text?

An event happens > Character reacts to it > Character matures and undertakes new responsibilities by entering a new world and such such.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Basically my question is, was this a good choice? Do you think it's able to relate well enough to Tom's (prescribed) situation in the text?

An event happens > Character reacts to it > Character matures and undertakes new responsibilities by entering a new world and such such.

hi, welcome to the forums! this is a terrible first impression because i'm going to sound so uncultured... but i've never seen the godfather, so i wouldn't know how it relates to tom's journey of transition, because i don't do that text either. your related should have similar themes to your prescribed, but it doesn't have to fit it exactly; it should show a transition is all!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

DalvinT

• Trendsetter
  • We can always improve, right?
  • Respect: +3

Ooo this may be a bit late. But generally with related texts, we can find links between them conceptually.
They can be similar or different.
E.g. a transition may result in a deepened understanding about themselves. Whilst the related was about deepened understanding about the world.
2017 HSC:
English Standard 91
Biology 90
Earth and Environmental Science 89
Music 1 97
Visual Arts 92
General Mathematics 2  85

ATAR : 95.15

2018-2020: Bachelor of Oral Health @ USYD