Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 01:43:47 am

Author Topic: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc  (Read 29109 times)

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
Re: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2017, 05:11:35 pm »
+2
society & culture:
I can already tell that this was my worst exam. Not enough concepts, examples and all my essays was just me ranting half the time oops. Hoping my answers for the core topic will pull  my mark up.

I totally feel like the "ranting half the time" was me in my geo essays but hopefully it'll be fine because I came 1st internally

im hoping a guaranteed band six for this subject. wish i could get a state rank
Also me with geo but I feel like the exam they set might not make that so :(

Congrats on finishing! what are you planning to do with your freedom now? Any HSC celebrations etc.?
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2017, 05:50:37 pm »
+1
I totally feel like the "ranting half the time" was me in my geo essays but hopefully it'll be fine because I came 1st internally
Also me with geo but I feel like the exam they set might not make that so :(

Congrats on finishing! what are you planning to do with your freedom now? Any HSC celebrations etc.?

Thanks! Honestly right now I'm just planning on binge watching Suits ahahah. I'm currently on season two. Also trying to find a new job at the same time. I haven't really planned any HSC celebrations because a) I'm a bit sad because I don't know what to do now and b) got invited to go this HSC celebration at a club in the city but it's not my scene. Although I'm going on holiday overseas in mid December so I'm really excited ;D. Was supposed to go on schoolies end of this month but things got complicated with my friends so I'm not going anymore oops...

What do you plan on doing post-hsc? Are you going to the atarnotes meetup??
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2017, 05:54:33 pm »
+2
CONGRATS ON FINISHING BEA!!!!!

couldn't help but notice you're watching suits!!!! one of my favourite shows :-) what season and episode are you up to?
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2017, 06:54:36 pm »
+2
Thanks! Honestly right now I'm just planning on binge watching Suits ahahah. I'm currently on season two. Also trying to find a new job at the same time. I haven't really planned any HSC celebrations because a) I'm a bit sad because I don't know what to do now and b) got invited to go this HSC celebration at a club in the city but it's not my scene. Although I'm going on holiday overseas in mid December so I'm really excited ;D. Was supposed to go on schoolies end of this month but things got complicated with my friends so I'm not going anymore oops...

What do you plan on doing post-hsc? Are you going to the atarnotes meetup??
I need to find a new job too! -as well as sort out my formal dress, sort out my stuff for sign out day and pack for camping AND study for drama so idk how I'm gonna get everything done omg, which leads me to answering your questions - I'm going on a camping trip to Taralga for 2 nights and possibly some work experience and other holidays that haven't actually been planned yet only spoken of. Also yes I am going to the meet up so I guess I'll see you there!  :)
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2017, 06:56:47 pm »
+2
Congrats Bea!!!  ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2017, 10:43:10 pm »
+3
CONGRATS ON FINISHING BEA!!!!!

couldn't help but notice you're watching suits!!!! one of my favourite shows :-) what season and episode are you up to?

thanks!!!!!! currently on season two, episode 7, 8 or 9? the one with the flashbacks ;D. the show confuses me sometimes because of the legal terms and cases, but its my way of living my second dream job ;)

I need to find a new job too! -as well as sort out my formal dress, sort out my stuff for sign out day and pack for camping AND study for drama so idk how I'm gonna get everything done omg, which leads me to answering your questions - I'm going on a camping trip to Taralga for 2 nights and possibly some work experience and other holidays that haven't actually been planned yet only spoken of. Also yes I am going to the meet up so I guess I'll see you there!  :)

omg have fun at your formal!!!! how exciting ;D, when is it? good luck with your drama exam too!!
sounds like you have an array of post hsc plans woo!! i'll see you at the meetup ;D

Congrats Bea!!!  ;D

thanks so much katie!!!!

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2017, 10:50:57 pm »
+3
omg have fun at your formal!!!! how exciting ;D, when is it? good luck with your drama exam too!!
sounds like you have an array of post hsc plans woo!! i'll see you at the meetup ;D
It's next Tuesday on the 14th, I can't believe it's so close! Also thank you!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2017, 04:12:58 pm »
+22
I didn't expect to be crying 30 minutes before my job interview today because I got accepted into ARTEXPRESS and the Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS). The emails had a 20 minute gap between them. I was still recovering from the ARTEXPRESS selection when I got the AFTRS acceptance email.

That's it. I got my first preference for my tertiary education. My BOW will be displayed at the Orange Regional Gallery next year. No more pressure to get that 90+ ATAR.
And to that I say, the HSC has been a great ride. I'm so excited for what the future holds.

November 27, 2017 is a day I will forever hold in my heart.

Though I'm still curious what I got for my HSC marks and what my ATAR is.
Just in 18 days, I'll know.

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2017, 04:16:00 pm »
+4
I didn't expect to be crying 30 minutes before my job interview today because I got accepted into ARTEXPRESS and the Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS). The emails had a 20 minute gap between them. I was still recovering from the ARTEXPRESS selection when I got the AFTRS acceptance email.

That's it. I got my first preference for my tertiary education. My BOW will be displayed at the Orange Regional Gallery next year. No more pressure to get that 90+ ATAR.
And to that I say, the HSC has been a great ride. I'm so excited for what the future holds.

CONGRATS!!! That's amazing news ;D

Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2017, 05:17:05 pm »
+4

congrats bea!!!!!!! so so so well deserved!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2017, 05:37:33 pm »
+3

Sounds like absolutely surreal day for you, Bea! Congrats on an amazing achievement! Well-deserved.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2017, 09:21:16 pm »
+3
CONGRATS!!! That's amazing news ;D

congrats bea!!!!!!! so so so well deserved!

Sounds like absolutely surreal day for you, Bea! Congrats on an amazing achievement! Well-deserved.

Thank you so so much everyone!!!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2017, 10:07:23 pm »
+3
Really happy to hear of this fantastic news!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2017, 11:08:39 pm »
+1
Really happy to hear of this fantastic news!

Thanks so much ;D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2017, 09:18:50 pm »
+6
It's December 2 today and it's been about three months since I submitted my body of work to NESA. Yet I wouldn't be expecting to be stressing about another BOW proposal because I've been helping my Year 12 friend who's proposal is due this Thursday! We're currently working on a doc together and I've been suggesting a lot of artists of influence and directions she can go in.

Even though I'm lowkey stressing because I cannot think of an effective way for my friend to represent her concept figuratively, I miss this rush of working on an assessment. I miss working on Visual Art assessments. I miss doing the body of work.

AFTRS starts in exactly 86 days! I'm so excited but am curious what assessments we have to submit and how each day is structured. We don't really have any lectures and it's a lot of practical stuff. Does that mean there will be a lot of group tasks? I'm a bit scared because I have to make friends again and when I started at my high school, it took me about 6 months to be comfortable with my friends... I'm the only person from my school who will be attending AFTRS next year.

12/13 days until our HSC/ATARs come out ...

Also I got a job at Priceline recently which is pretty exciting!