Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:47:59 am

Author Topic: Motivation thread  (Read 979 times)  Share 

bigsweetpotato2000

• Forum Regular
  • There shall be no boundaries to human endeavour-SH
  • Respect: +9
Motivation thread
« on: August 21, 2017, 05:29:46 pm »
+13
HSC, THE DEATH SCYTHE?

Year 12.
The grand finale, the critical stage, the turning point of your education.

And to fail, means you are no different from a slumped mess on your parent’s couch having no aims to pursue except a marathon of YouTube videos ranging from cats yawning to giraffes singing.
That thought, runs through every students’ mind on an average of six times weekly.

Frankly, none of you would come to this conclusion that after twelve years of compulsory education; there is a large difference, from being basically jelly on the floor to an intelligent individual who can do WHAT THEY WANT.
And yes. I mean all of you.

Year 12 is not the year where gorillas and apes and chimpanzees take over the world, it’s not 2012, and it is definitely, not your year to volunteer your death for the greater good of your grade to achieve bonus points. Face it, this discussion always comes up around trials.

Many of you think the HSC is a reoccurring social experiment performed on students based under the ideals of Evolution.
Selective pressures, survival of the fittest, better adaptations. But flip that thought around, because if BOSTES/NESA & CO utilising us as lab rats for their own wicked ideals, I wouldn’t underestimate their ability to conjure up a much more effective way. Neither should you.

The HSC is a measure of your ability to want something. Like that spoilt brat from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because if she did the HSC with us, she’ll be that student who scores a 99.97.

The question is why? (and also why I am going off on a tangent about spoiled brats with HSC)

Because she wanted it. You can’t deny, that girl worked for her squirrel. Yes it may be violent tantrums to her parents, but she worked for that.
(You have to admit, throwing hissy fits are actually quite tiring. I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning. )

For that girl, her way for her to get what she wanted was her hard work in screeching at her mama and papa dearest. When that didn’t work, she went for it herself. Now that, is called perseverance.

Perhaps, she didn't get her happy ending, but that’s only because of the cruel reality of fiction.
(Damn it Roald Dahl, you could have rewarded her solid efforts with a chocolate squirrel or something.)

Now before you jump to conclusions that I encourage parental provisions of bribery to the Education Standard Authority, the HSC is a whole new matter. The HSC rewards those who want something. Very very desperately.

There is a quote by Stephen Hawking that I find so applicable in every situation human beings comprise themselves in.

There shall be no boundaries to human endeavour – Stephen Hawking

Every one’s success is built upon what they pursue, what they aim for, what they WANT. But there are some who haven’t decided which star they want to pick from the sky. Yes, I’m talking about the ‘I don’t know what I want to do in the future’ ones. It’s okay; you aren’t expected to know your direct path of life at the age of 17 to 18. But that is not an excuse, because I can think of one very good reason.

The want to not fail.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:31:41 pm by bigsweetpotato2000 »

Zainbow

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
Re: Motivation thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:53:44 pm »
Very wise and motivational words, thank you.
HSC 2017 (All Rounder)

2018: B/Eng (Mechatronic (Space)) (Hons) & B/Sci (Physics) (Dalyell) at Usyd

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Motivation thread
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:56:23 pm »
+2
G-UPPPPPPPP!!
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️