Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 08:49:46 am

Author Topic: Extension 1 - Romanticism  (Read 45333 times)  Share 

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: Extension 1 - Romanticism
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2018, 02:07:10 pm »
Hi! I've chosen "Mont Blanc: Lines Written in the Vale of Chamouni" by Percy Bysshe Shelley as my related text for Romanticism. I need some help with mapping this poem to each of the following dot points:
•   Power of the imagination
•   Pursuit of meaning and truth
•   Continuity of human and natural world
•   Thinking about human mind and human experience
•   Individuals place in wider and social worlds
•   Yearning for coherence unity, and meaning
Thanks so much!

Hey Ellsco! So I have some stuff that can help you but it is also super important you try find some answers for yourself as well! That way I aren't giving you all the answers so you can do a bit of the learning yourself (which is crucial to actually understanding what you learn!) Also I have to leave for work in 10 minutes or so so I don't have much time to look for you now anyway!

Nevertheless, hopefully this analysis helps you! I have put in bold where you can link to the dot points you have :)

The desire to become ‘a part’ of the ‘mountains, waves, and skies’ (75) is an important aspect of romantic-period writing. In Shelley’s ‘Mont Blanc’ the boundaries between mind and nature are deliberately blurred. Gazing on the Ravine of Arve ‘in a trance sublime’ the poet reflects on the stream of sensations passing through his mind Human mind and human experience, power of the imagination, natural world

which passively
Now renders and receives fast influencings,
Holding an unremitting interchange
With the clear universe of things around […]
Like J M W Turner’s watercolour sketches of the area around Mont Blanc, which depict human figures dwarfed by vast, over-hanging precipices and barren swathes of ice, Shelley’s visionary landscape is forbidding and austere. In the absence of God, the poem seems to suggest, mountains have meaning solely as a result of the animating power of the human imagination.Power of imagination
Importantly, for Shelley, Mont Blanc is also a symbol of political freedom, strong enough in its immensity ‘to repeal / Large codes of fraud and woe’. Individuals place in wider and social worlds (context of French Revolution), pursuit of meaning and truth.The links between sublime landscapes and ideas of liberty were forged in the 18th century. Where enclosed gardens symbolised notions of aristocratic confinement and control, the wild, untamed landscapes beyond the country house represented freedom and release.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 05:12:43 pm by dancing phalanges »
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

ellsco

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2018, 07:24:50 pm »
Hey Ellsco! So I have some stuff that can help you but it is also super important you try find some answers for yourself as well! That way I aren't giving you all the answers so you can do a bit of the learning yourself (which is crucial to actually understanding what you learn!) Also I have to leave for work in 10 minutes or so so I don't have much time to look for you now anyway!

Nevertheless, hopefully this analysis helps you! I have put in bold where you can link to the dot points you have :)

The desire to become ‘a part’ of the ‘mountains, waves, and skies’ (75) is an important aspect of romantic-period writing. In Shelley’s ‘Mont Blanc’ the boundaries between mind and nature are deliberately blurred. Gazing on the Ravine of Arve ‘in a trance sublime’ the poet reflects on the stream of sensations passing through his mind Human mind and human experience, power of the imagination, natural world

which passively
Now renders and receives fast influencings,
Holding an unremitting interchange
With the clear universe of things around […]
Like J M W Turner’s watercolour sketches of the area around Mont Blanc, which depict human figures dwarfed by vast, over-hanging precipices and barren swathes of ice, Shelley’s visionary landscape is forbidding and austere. In the absence of God, the poem seems to suggest, mountains have meaning solely as a result of the animating power of the human imagination.Power of imagination
Importantly, for Shelley, Mont Blanc is also a symbol of political freedom, strong enough in its immensity ‘to repeal / Large codes of fraud and woe’. Individuals place in wider and social worlds (context of French Revolution), pursuit of meaning and truth.The links between sublime landscapes and ideas of liberty were forged in the 18th century. Where enclosed gardens symbolised notions of aristocratic confinement and control, the wild, untamed landscapes beyond the country house represented freedom and release.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :) I've got some ideas and analysis of my own, I just wanted to see if there is anything else I can add. Your reply is super helpful :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:51:31 am by ellsco »

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2018, 11:03:53 pm »
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :-) I've got some ideas and analysis of my own, I just wanted to see if there is anything else I can add. Your reply is super helpful :-)

Glad I could help :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

ellsco

• Adventurer
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »
Hi! I need some help breaking down the Romanticism rubric. This are the main points summarised from the rubric but I'm not sure that I understand exactly what each point means. I would really appreciate a quick explanation of each point :)
Power of the imagination
Pursuit of meaning and truth
Continuity of the human and natural world
Human mind and human experience
Individuals place in wider social and natural worlds
Yearning for coherence, unity, and meaning in human life
Thanks so much!

Em444

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2018, 06:38:48 pm »
+9
Ok so I'm not so good on some of these points, but I'll give you a few (but by no means comprehensive) pointers:

Power of the imagination: Imagination as a means of escape, or (sometimes more importantly) as a pathway to 'meaning and truth' that rational thought would not be able to provide. The imagined world was, for the Romantics, just as valid as the rational world, a reaction against the ways of thinking of the enlightenment.

Pursuit of meaning and truth: I took this to mean the idea of there always being something beyond that could only be reached by transcending the real ie. through imagination. There is more to the human mind and the earth than what can be broken down and understood. Another pathway to this truth was through emotional expression. However I was careful to avoid the word 'truth' because my teacher found it too general, and I would often replace it with the ideas that my texts portrayed while lining it up with the question (if that makes sense haha). I would say that they were in pursuit of the truth, but I would never say that they'd arrived at the truth, because then I'd have to say what the 'truth' is, which would suggest that there is an absolute truth (and I didn't want to spend my essay justifying my use of the word 'truth' by discussing the existence of absolute truth haha).

Continuity of the human and natural world: any ideas about eternity come in here (like those in Keats' poetry). I interpret it as the idea that the human and natural worlds can overcome the confines of the present, and will continue despite what obstacles they face, because they are integral parts of the world and can't be removed.

Human mind and human experience: The importance of emotion- as with imagination, emotion is an equally valid guide as rational thought, and the Romantics valued it highly because of this. For example, Turner painted with what came to be the foundations of impressionism. So even if he was inspired by (let's say) a real storm, his painting reflected the impression of awe and savagery he gleaned from it, as opposed to being a detailed and faithful rendition. The importance of the individual also comes in here- the idea that everybody is significant, their thoughts, their emotions, their experiences, regardless of whether they are a king or a pauper (equality!). These individual emotional/imaginative experiences contributed to the pursuit of meaning and truth (consider Coleridge's and Wordsworth's collection Lyrical Ballads, which largely consists of accounts of everyday people that reveal wider-reaching, universal ideas). Everybody is capable of emotion and imagination, therefore everybody matters (an idea that comes to us very naturally now :) but it has not always been that way :( )

Individuals place in wider social and natural worlds: Leads on from previous point, I find they blend a fair bit. 'Wider social worlds' is an opportunity to bring in ideas about context (so many exciting revolutions! And the not so exciting Reign of terror :( And volcanoes errupting, and Napoleon building an empire, and inustrialisation etc. The historical context was my favourite part of Romanticism :) ) The 'individual's place' follows on largely from the previous dotpoint, with ideas about liberty, equality, individual significance arising as a result of, or reaction against these events. The individuals place in the natural world means the relationship between the individual and nature- nature can be a teacher, or an inspiration, or a liberator, or a soother etc.Having a connection to nature improves a person

Yearning for coherence, unity and meaning in human life: this is the part that I understand the least, but the meaning part comes back to everyone being significant, and I take the coherence and unity to mean the universal lessons that Romantic texts impart, as these lessons are applicable to all human life regardless of differences

The great thing about Romanticism is how broad it is :) As I said, I loved the historical side of it and my essays were very context based- I would show how the context shaped the ideas expressed and how changing contexts (especially with the whole French revolution -> reign of terror -> Napoleon thing) meant that some of the ideas expressed altered over time :) My point is, you can find what you're interested in and explore Romanticism from that angle, and because the ideas intersect and overlap so fluidly, half of your essay is related material and you have the whole year to explore texts and philosophy, you can cover the whole rubric from the perspective YOU want to :)

I actually didn't worry a great deal about the rubric, because to have a unique voice you need to flesh out smaller ideas than 'the power of imagination' (for example). You need to link the context, the texts, many smaller ideas and a bunch of the larger rubric concepts together in a big web, which can be daunting but can also mean a lot of freedom to structure your essay how you want. I found the vagueness of the rubric not a challenge but an opportunity (cliche alert :P) for freedom because it was so easy to make the smaller ideas I found in my texts relate (even the seemingly unrelated idea of social responsibility in Frankenstein could be strongly linked to the individuals place in the wider social world and can be viewed as a reaction to monarchs not caring for their people). Anyhow I'd better stop now, I'm rambling...my essays always went over their word limit and always needed some solid pruning!

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2018, 09:25:59 pm »
+5
Hi! I need some help breaking down the Romanticism rubric. This are the main points summarised from the rubric but I'm not sure that I understand exactly what each point means. I would really appreciate a quick explanation of each point :)
Power of the imagination
Pursuit of meaning and truth
Continuity of the human and natural world
Human mind and human experience
Individuals place in wider social and natural worlds
Yearning for coherence, unity, and meaning in human life
Thanks so much!

Hey! I will just add to the seriously helpful post by Em444 below :)
Power of the imagination: The ability of the imagination to help humanity transcend reality and gain a more profound understanding of the world.
Pursuit of meaning and truth: I always understood this to reference the Romantics and how the used the imagination, emotions, nature etc. to understand their place within the world. As Em444 brilliantly put it, this suggests existential ideas of our place within the world and the Romantics strove to comprehend what their lives meant and their significance in the world.
Continuity of the human and natural world: This is one I had personally never heard of so I will trust Em444 here (they seem like they could sit the HSC right now!) I would, however, perhaps also look at how the Romantics believed that the natural world was eternally present and that it maintained its presence, despite external influences such as the Industrial Revolution. (So the eternal power of the natural world).
Human mind and human experience: Em444 answered this beautifully, but specifically I would say to look at Immanuel Kant's Pure Critique of Reason. Here, he argues that humans can only interpret the world truthfully through their own subjective viewpoint. This is essentially through their own emotional response (as said by Em444), yet it adds sophistication to your argument if you mention Kant's piece as it is a philosophical text (and therefore reflects a way of thinking of the time). For the human experience, another point you could make is on how the Romantics believed that civilization was a corrupting force on the human experience (for instance the Industrial Revolution significantly reduced the quality of life of the people of England and you can contrast this with the liberty of nature). Look at Rousseau's philosophy and in particular the quote "man is born free but everywhere he is in chains" as a nice philosophical link to make!
Individuals place in wider social and natural worlds: As Em444, this is all about linking to context! How did the revolutions alter the way the people of the Romantic era perceived themselves in society? The natural world bit is linking their relationship to the natural world which can tie to how Roussea believed civilization was a corrupting force whilst humanity was the most pure in the natural world.
Yearning for coherence, unity and meaning in human life: This is similar to the truth/meaning one. It is basically just desiring an understanding of what it means to be human. Bring in ideas such as how the Industrial Revolution degraded what it meant to be human and contrast with how humans could find themselves only in the natural world.

Hope that helped you and thanks once again to Em444 for a great reply because I was out all day and didn't get to this until now! :)

ellsco

• Adventurer
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2018, 09:50:45 am »
Spoiler
Ok so I'm not so good on some of these points, but I'll give you a few (but by no means comprehensive) pointers:

Power of the imagination: Imagination as a means of escape, or (sometimes more importantly) as a pathway to 'meaning and truth' that rational thought would not be able to provide. The imagined world was, for the Romantics, just as valid as the rational world, a reaction against the ways of thinking of the enlightenment.

Pursuit of meaning and truth: I took this to mean the idea of there always being something beyond that could only be reached by transcending the real ie. through imagination. There is more to the human mind and the earth than what can be broken down and understood. Another pathway to this truth was through emotional expression. However I was careful to avoid the word 'truth' because my teacher found it too general, and I would often replace it with the ideas that my texts portrayed while lining it up with the question (if that makes sense haha). I would say that they were in pursuit of the truth, but I would never say that they'd arrived at the truth, because then I'd have to say what the 'truth' is, which would suggest that there is an absolute truth (and I didn't want to spend my essay justifying my use of the word 'truth' by discussing the existence of absolute truth haha).

Continuity of the human and natural world: any ideas about eternity come in here (like those in Keats' poetry). I interpret it as the idea that the human and natural worlds can overcome the confines of the present, and will continue despite what obstacles they face, because they are integral parts of the world and can't be removed.

Human mind and human experience: The importance of emotion- as with imagination, emotion is an equally valid guide as rational thought, and the Romantics valued it highly because of this. For example, Turner painted with what came to be the foundations of impressionism. So even if he was inspired by (let's say) a real storm, his painting reflected the impression of awe and savagery he gleaned from it, as opposed to being a detailed and faithful rendition. The importance of the individual also comes in here- the idea that everybody is significant, their thoughts, their emotions, their experiences, regardless of whether they are a king or a pauper (equality!). These individual emotional/imaginative experiences contributed to the pursuit of meaning and truth (consider Coleridge's and Wordsworth's collection Lyrical Ballads, which largely consists of accounts of everyday people that reveal wider-reaching, universal ideas). Everybody is capable of emotion and imagination, therefore everybody matters (an idea that comes to us very naturally now :) but it has not always been that way :( )

Individuals place in wider social and natural worlds: Leads on from previous point, I find they blend a fair bit. 'Wider social worlds' is an opportunity to bring in ideas about context (so many exciting revolutions! And the not so exciting Reign of terror :( And volcanoes errupting, and Napoleon building an empire, and inustrialisation etc. The historical context was my favourite part of Romanticism :) ) The 'individual's place' follows on largely from the previous dotpoint, with ideas about liberty, equality, individual significance arising as a result of, or reaction against these events. The individuals place in the natural world means the relationship between the individual and nature- nature can be a teacher, or an inspiration, or a liberator, or a soother etc.Having a connection to nature improves a person

Yearning for coherence, unity and meaning in human life: this is the part that I understand the least, but the meaning part comes back to everyone being significant, and I take the coherence and unity to mean the universal lessons that Romantic texts impart, as these lessons are applicable to all human life regardless of differences

The great thing about Romanticism is how broad it is :) As I said, I loved the historical side of it and my essays were very context based- I would show how the context shaped the ideas expressed and how changing contexts (especially with the whole French revolution -> reign of terror -> Napoleon thing) meant that some of the ideas expressed altered over time :) My point is, you can find what you're interested in and explore Romanticism from that angle, and because the ideas intersect and overlap so fluidly, half of your essay is related material and you have the whole year to explore texts and philosophy, you can cover the whole rubric from the perspective YOU want to :)

I actually didn't worry a great deal about the rubric, because to have a unique voice you need to flesh out smaller ideas than 'the power of imagination' (for example). You need to link the context, the texts, many smaller ideas and a bunch of the larger rubric concepts together in a big web, which can be daunting but can also mean a lot of freedom to structure your essay how you want. I found the vagueness of the rubric not a challenge but an opportunity (cliche alert :P) for freedom because it was so easy to make the smaller ideas I found in my texts relate (even the seemingly unrelated idea of social responsibility in Frankenstein could be strongly linked to the individuals place in the wider social world and can be viewed as a reaction to monarchs not caring for their people). Anyhow I'd better stop now, I'm rambling...my essays always went over their word limit and always needed some solid pruning!

Spoiler
Hey! I will just add to the seriously helpful post by Em444 below :)
Power of the imagination: The ability of the imagination to help humanity transcend reality and gain a more profound understanding of the world.
Pursuit of meaning and truth: I always understood this to reference the Romantics and how the used the imagination, emotions, nature etc. to understand their place within the world. As Em444 brilliantly put it, this suggests existential ideas of our place within the world and the Romantics strove to comprehend what their lives meant and their significance in the world.
Continuity of the human and natural world: This is one I had personally never heard of so I will trust Em444 here (they seem like they could sit the HSC right now!) I would, however, perhaps also look at how the Romantics believed that the natural world was eternally present and that it maintained its presence, despite external influences such as the Industrial Revolution. (So the eternal power of the natural world).
Human mind and human experience: Em444 answered this beautifully, but specifically I would say to look at Immanuel Kant's Pure Critique of Reason. Here, he argues that humans can only interpret the world truthfully through their own subjective viewpoint. This is essentially through their own emotional response (as said by Em444), yet it adds sophistication to your argument if you mention Kant's piece as it is a philosophical text (and therefore reflects a way of thinking of the time). For the human experience, another point you could make is on how the Romantics believed that civilization was a corrupting force on the human experience (for instance the Industrial Revolution significantly reduced the quality of life of the people of England and you can contrast this with the liberty of nature). Look at Rousseau's philosophy and in particular the quote "man is born free but everywhere he is in chains" as a nice philosophical link to make!
Individuals place in wider social and natural worlds: As Em444, this is all about linking to context! How did the revolutions alter the way the people of the Romantic era perceived themselves in society? The natural world bit is linking their relationship to the natural world which can tie to how Roussea believed civilization was a corrupting force whilst humanity was the most pure in the natural world.
Yearning for coherence, unity and meaning in human life: This is similar to the truth/meaning one. It is basically just desiring an understanding of what it means to be human. Bring in ideas such as how the Industrial Revolution degraded what it meant to be human and contrast with how humans could find themselves only in the natural world.

Hope that helped you and thanks once again to Em444 for a great reply because I was out all day and didn't get to this until now! :) /spoiler]

Thank you so much! This is so helpful! I was really struggling to write my assessment task before because I only had a vague understanding of what each point meant but now I think I can tailor my paragraphs to the rubric and present my argument in a much clearer way :) Thanks, again! (Mod Edit - Merged Posts  :) )
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:14:43 am by dancing phalanges »

Joseph Mekhamer

• Adventurer
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2018, 07:50:54 pm »
Hey Joseph! I have attached your story with all my comments in bold! Hope it helps!

For future reference, the post requirement for getting essays marked by moderators is 30 posts, so hopefully you can make it up to me by contributing to the community by answering questions because based on your creative you definitely have great knowledge to pass on! :)

Hi,
Thanks for you feedback!
But I can't find my narrative composition and the comments you provided??
Cheers,
Joseph

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2018, 08:04:49 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for you feedback!
But I can't find my narrative composition and the comments you provided??
Cheers,
Joseph
Hey Joseph!
Your story and my comments in bold are attached underneath the post I made - you should be able to see it?

Joseph Mekhamer

• Adventurer
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2018, 08:16:08 pm »
+2
Hello,
My apologies, I have just opened the feedback page attached below the message.

Thanks once again!

felicity_bry

• Adventurer
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2018, 02:00:35 pm »
Hello!

I've just received my notification for my first extension 1 assignment, and it's an in class essay but I have been given the question before hand. Here it is as follows-
"The Romantics were concerned with revolutionary ways of thinking about the human mind and human experience and their work reveals a desire to help shape the thinking and experience of others. To what extent is this statement reflective of the poetry of Coleridge and in the ideas of one prominent philosopher of the time?"

I'm honestly so stuck at the moment and I don't know where to begin. I am yet to choose a philosopher but I'm thinking either Goethe, Kant or Rousseau. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thank you so much! <3 :)

-Felicity

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2018, 02:54:58 pm »
+1
Hello!

I've just received my notification for my first extension 1 assignment, and it's an in class essay but I have been given the question before hand. Here it is as follows-
"The Romantics were concerned with revolutionary ways of thinking about the human mind and human experience and their work reveals a desire to help shape the thinking and experience of others. To what extent is this statement reflective of the poetry of Coleridge and in the ideas of one prominent philosopher of the time?"

I'm honestly so stuck at the moment and I don't know where to begin. I am yet to choose a philosopher but I'm thinking either Goethe, Kant or Rousseau. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thank you so much! <3 :)

-Felicity

Hey! That question is perfect - previously, in the Neo-Classical period, logic and reason governed the human mind. The Romantics, in particular Coleridge, argued against this by believing that the imagination and emotions were the supreme source of knowledge for understanding the world. Look at how in Lime Tree Bower, the persona is only able to find clarity in his situation when he embraces the powers of the imagination in liberating himself from his physical entrapment. I personally linked this with the philosophy on Kant who, in his Pure Critique of Reason, supported Coleridge's belief by claiming that the subjective viewpoint (imagination and emotions) are the most profound way of comprehending the world. I hope that helped you :)

felicity_bry

• Adventurer
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2018, 10:14:06 am »
Hey! That question is perfect - previously, in the Neo-Classical period, logic and reason governed the human mind. The Romantics, in particular Coleridge, argued against this by believing that the imagination and emotions were the supreme source of knowledge for understanding the world. Look at how in Lime Tree Bower, the persona is only able to find clarity in his situation when he embraces the powers of the imagination in liberating himself from his physical entrapment. I personally linked this with the philosophy on Kant who, in his Pure Critique of Reason, supported Coleridge's belief by claiming that the subjective viewpoint (imagination and emotions) are the most profound way of comprehending the world. I hope that helped you :)

Hello! Yes thank you that helped heaps. My teacher thinks it'd be a good idea for me to do Rousseau because of his romantic values on childhood. I was thinking I could link this to Frost at Midnight, but I'm a bit stuck on how to set each paragraph out.

Thanks

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2018, 10:46:21 am »
+2
Hello! Yes thank you that helped heaps. My teacher thinks it'd be a good idea for me to do Rousseau because of his romantic values on childhood. I was thinking I could link this to Frost at Midnight, but I'm a bit stuck on how to set each paragraph out.

Thanks

Hey - yeah if you are thinking of doing Rousseau, Frost at Midnight is a good one to link it too. Rousseau also focused quite heavily in his philosophy on how civilisation corrupted the pure nature of humanity and how nature was the only state in which man could return to this pure state. What do you mean by set each paragraph out? If you are referring to incorporating the philosophers, I would try integrate it into your analysis of Coleridge to use as evidence to support your argument. Here's an excerpt from a paragraph from my essay I wrote last year including Coleridge's Lime Tree Bower that demonstrates how to incorporate philosophy into your essays (which is in my opinion the most important part of getting an E4 as it demonstrates an understanding of the Ways of Thinking at the time):

The interplay of conformity and rebellion is effectively achieved by Coleridge through his shift in tone throughout the poem. At first, the narrator represents conformity to the prevailing values of the logic and reason of the Enlightenment period. This is highlighted in the first stanza, which begins with the negative connotations of “prison” and “here must I remain”, reflecting the persona’s melancholy and rational way of seeing the world, indicative of the Enlightenment way of thinking. However, Coleridge challenges this by expressing the philosophy of Immanuel Kant’s Pure Critique of Reason through the narrator’s shift in perspective. In the Pure Critique of Reason, Kant argued that humans do not see “things in themselves”, but rather that they only understand things from a human point of view. Thus, he believed that the external world is only understood when viewed through individual interpretation. This way of thinking led to the subjective viewpoint that would be valued by Romantics like Coleridge as the primary method of understanding the world. This is evident in ‘Lime Tree Bower My Prison’ where Coleridge chronicles the transformative powers of the imagination in experiencing the sublimity of nature.

Hope you see now how to discuss both the poems and philosophy together to support the ideas raised by Coleridge :)

john7890123456

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2018, 08:24:57 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm quite confused about the difference between 'ways of thinking' and paradigms.
Also, in an essay, should body paragraphs be entered around ideas (i.e. reverence and majesty of nature) or paradigms (i.e. religious)?

thanks so much.