Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 03, 2024, 09:19:53 pm

Author Topic: crucible  (Read 1142 times)  Share 

Teen

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
crucible
« on: September 30, 2012, 02:31:49 pm »
before , i start watching the movie  crucible . Is they any differences in movie compared to the play?
Thanks in advance guys :)
2011-biology
2012-Aiming  for ATAR of 90+

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
Re: crucible
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 02:48:51 pm »
Yes, there are quite a few differences. Especially with how the ending unfolds among others. 

Quite often there's crucial changes to the wording too, a few words different in a quote and you get quite a different interpretation.

As you would know, books/plays etc. have a lot of small details which you only really pick up from reading it. You might end up interpreting the tone/delivery of the lines to be fairly different to how the filmmaker interpreted it too.

Yendall

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 03:28:46 pm »
Try not to pay too much attention to Abigail in relevant scenes to Act 2 I believe. Especially when she is in the woods with John Proctor, this never happens in the play! A lot of her dialogue isn't true to the text either.
2013 - 2016: Bachelor of Computer Science @ RMIT
2017 - 2018: Master of Data Science @ RMIT
ΟΟΟΟ
VCE '12: | English | I.T: Applications | I.T: Software Development | Music Performance Solo |  Further Mathematics | Studio Arts |

Felicity Wishes

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +43
  • School: Mater Christi College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 03:30:55 pm »
Yes. Watch the film if you are having trouble grasping the play but do not use anything from the film in your essays. Make sure you read the play. The film also has additional parts, so be wary of that.
Psychology and psychophysiology (Swinburne)