Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 17, 2024, 06:22:11 pm

Author Topic: ACER UMAT Practice Questions + Section 1 Guide  (Read 18876 times)  Share 

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
Re: ACER UMAT Practice Questions + Section 1 Guide
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 12:42:41 am »
haha nah stonecold Western Sydney is in the country'ish area =P its about an hour from the city, so not too far .. UNSW and USYD are the only two med schools in the city.

umm UWS doesn't have college, it has places you can live, like mini-houses that you share with a few people and you cook, clean, ect=not college.

but its a new med school and i really like the course, just i can't move out if not in college just yet -- too lazy to do all that stuff :P shouldnt be too hard though hha
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:44:52 am by vexx »
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

stonecold

• Victorian
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +255
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 12:49:38 am »
whoa, you now heaps!

monash is looking better and better by the minute.  tas is gone unless we have a umat miracle, and i don't really like uws anymore, and bond only has FFP places.  I'd still take a spot at them though if I had too lol.
2011-13: BBiomed (Microbiology & Immunology Major) @ UniMelb

VCE 2009'10: English 46 | English Language 49 | Chemistry 50 | Biology 50 | Further Mathematics 48 | Mathematical Methods CAS 39
ATAR: 99.85

"Failure is not when one falls down but rather when one fails to get up" - unknown

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 12:55:32 am »
^ hahaha.
what about the JMP for UNE/UNCLE? that's 5 years and they have colleges:) it could be fun.
i quite like the idea of moving away for uni as then i get the whole college experience. only time can tell what we really want & what we can get into!
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

stonecold

• Victorian
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 04:36:05 am »
i agree, uni interstate would be awesome.  can rule out bond though,  total course cost is $273,714 rofl.  i don't think so :(
no wonder it is easier to get in there!

also, say if I decide to do a six year degree interstate in 2011, I can't apply at monash for 2012 and start my degree over again there?

if that is the case then i suppose I will just apply for 5 year mbbs at monash, uws, une/uncle and uni tas. Maybe uni qld as well because they have a 6 year BSc/MBBS double degree.

if I don't get into any, then I suppose I'll just take a gap year.

.....and une looks cool.  they have the whole college thing, but where is armidale.  sounds far!
http://www.une.edu.au/about/living/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 08:30:43 am by stonecold »

VCE 2009'10: English 46 | English Language 49 | Chemistry 50 | Biology 50 | Further Mathematics 48 | Mathematical Methods CAS 39

"Failure is not when one falls down but rather when one fails to get up" - unknown

the.watchman

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 08:30:44 am »
i agree, uni interstate would be awesome.  can rule out bond though,  total course cost is $273,714 rofl.  i don't think so :(

Bond looked like a nice uni ... UNTIL I SAW THE FEES :P
Remember, remember the 5th of November

2010 - MM CAS (47) - Cisco 1+2 (pass :P)
2011 - Eng - Phys - Chem - Spesh - Latin - UMAT
ATAR - 99.00+ plz... :)

Feel free to PM me for anything :D

stonecold

• Victorian
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 08:33:29 am »
i agree, uni interstate would be awesome.  can rule out bond though,  total course cost is $273,714 rofl.  i don't think so :(

.....i nearly died when i saw them!

the.watchman

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 08:46:57 am »

.....i nearly died when i saw them!

Same. At our careers night, heaps of uni reps came to our school and I had a nice long chat to the Bond rep.
Towards the end, I asked him what the fees were like, and he was stalling ("Hmmm ... let me see ...*flicks through book*).
:D
Remember, remember the 5th of November

2010 - MM CAS (47) - Cisco 1+2 (pass :P)
2011 - Eng - Phys - Chem - Spesh - Latin - UMAT
ATAR - 99.00+ plz... :)

Feel free to PM me for anything :D

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 01:59:34 pm »
^ yeah stonecold, monash undergrad is out once you start any degree. this is true for quite a few unis.

haha i know bond looks really nice with pretty accommodation and all the top-notch equipment - but it's extremely expensive. ~60 are accepted into it each year and they get to use all this equipment themselves, lucky them!

well your choice, just apply for all the 5-years and you'll get into at least one, plus if you take a gap year and apply for the same uni's they will love you for it so you'll have a higher chance of getting in the second time.

Greggler

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2010, 04:39:07 pm »
bond uni is bloody awesome. theres a degree there about media or sometihng, and pretty much you just work at movieworld lol. but yeah all their stuff is top notch in all faculties

about unis. im just gonna apply to every uni i can lol. as everyone i've talked to and i've said myself. the best uni is the one that accepts you haha.
I'm sort of hoping to move interstate though as im not too much of a big fan of monash, i'd much rather live on campus somewhere in qld or nsw

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2010, 05:28:07 pm »
bond uni is bloody awesome. theres a degree there about media or sometihng, and pretty much you just work at movieworld lol. but yeah all their stuff is top notch in all faculties

about unis. im just gonna apply to every uni i can lol. as everyone i've talked to and i've said myself. the best uni is the one that accepts you haha.
I'm sort of hoping to move interstate though as im not too much of a big fan of monash, i'd much rather live on campus somewhere in qld or nsw

haha are you serious with that media one?!
yeah bond is definitely very good as you can expect for paying so much!

greggler that's exactly true:) we'll find our 'best' uni !

same here! i actually have been considering moving interstate anyway just for the college experience too in qld/nsw :p

stonecold

• Victorian
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 05:34:21 pm »
the both of you have got me pumped on moving interstate now.  i want the college experience too.  :P

do you know which uni's have it vexx?  UNE looks good, but i thinks its out in the sticks yeah?

physics

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Its anna :D
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 03:24:13 pm »
sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone have a 'doc' verison instead of 'docx' version sorry D:
HELP ME GRADUATE!
If you know anyone pregnant let me know :)

My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/Fairytailslilangel