Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:01:01 am

Author Topic: year 11 stationary???  (Read 1475 times)  Share 

SunnyLatte

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
year 11 stationary???
« on: December 27, 2018, 08:27:27 pm »
+2
Hii ! So this may sound a bit silly but I have no idea what types of
stationary to buy for next year  :-\ .
Would it be better to use binders or notebooks in order to stay
organised?
Thank you! ;D
(The subjects I will be doing are Maths Standard, English Advanced, Japanese Beginners,
Food Technology, Studies of Religion 1, Computing applications and Biology)

PeriPeri101

• Trailblazer
  • dramatic at heart
  • Respect: +25
Re: year 11 stationary???
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:33:19 pm »
+5
For Year 11 next year I am buying individual binders for each of my subjects that I keep at home. Then I bring one binder to school that has loose leaflet paper, which you can get from Officeworks, Woolies etc. and then use dividers to seperate that one binder into each subject. At the end of the day, you cn put these pages into your individual subject binders at home which will store all your notes etc.
I used this for year 10 and it was amazing, my friend recommended it to me because I was having back pains so it made my bag alot lighter as we do not have lockers and also the system is much more organised.

Obviously highlighters, pens, pencils etc. Check on your schools website a couple weeks leading up before you go back, my school releases a stationary list for each subject so I am not sure if other schools would do that.

Hope this helps and don't worry you have plenty of time before we go back so enjoy the holidays!  ;D
subjects - year 12 2020: Biology - Society and Culture - Drama - Advanced Mathematics - Advanced English - Studies of Religion

SunnyLatte

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 09:28:53 pm »
+1
For Year 11 next year I am buying individual binders for each of my subjects that I keep at home. Then I bring one binder to school that has loose leaflet paper, which you can get from Officeworks, Woolies etc. and then use dividers to seperate that one binder into each subject. At the end of the day, you cn put these pages into your individual subject binders at home which will store all your notes etc.
I used this for year 10 and it was amazing, my friend recommended it to me because I was having back pains so it made my bag alot lighter as we do not have lockers and also the system is much more organised.

Obviously highlighters, pens, pencils etc. Check on your schools website a couple weeks leading up before you go back, my school releases a stationary list for each subject so I am not sure if other schools would do that.

Hope this helps and don't worry you have plenty of time before we go back so enjoy the holidays!  ;D

Ohh I see, Thank you so much  ;D !! I'll make sure to check
my schools website in case they do have a list.
Thank's again & have a good holiday as well ! :D

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 10:12:27 pm »
+1
Also, feel free to experiment with what stationary you prefer, even if your school has a stationary list you don’t have to go with what it says. I bought both binders and notebooks and ended up using the notebooks, so just see what works best for you. Make sure you have some sort of folder to keep handouts in though, it’s very easy to lose them otherwise.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

aspiringantelope

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 10:23:37 pm »
+4
-
I advise you to get some pens that do not use ink that quickly and are good quality. I once had an English exam where 1/4 of my essay was written in a near illegible state due to the lack of quality my pen had  :'(
But it was only Year 8 so no way near the tough notorious exams but I hope this doesn't happen to anyone especially during 3/4 VCE Exams
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:25:36 pm by aspiringantelope »

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 11:16:08 pm »
+6
Hi! In year 11 I tried to find what was right for me so its all about what you think you'll like. I ended up having loose leaf paper and a binder that held all six of my subjects as most of the time we would go back to work unexpectedly during lessons. It got pretty heavy towards the end of each term though as we had to carry them in our arms (our bags had laptops, textbooks etc.)

For pens, I would recommend pilot pens. They're a little more expensive than those not very good brands. I normally used a 0.7mm tip which somehow made my writing neater (Don't know how that happens). Go crazy with highlighters they're amazing.

Oh don't forget one of those hole punches, they save lives if you don't have any plastic sleeves.
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

SunnyLatte

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 01:12:22 pm »
Also, feel free to experiment with what stationary you prefer, even if your school has a stationary list you don’t have to go with what it says. I bought both binders and notebooks and ended up using the notebooks, so just see what works best for you. Make sure you have some sort of folder to keep handouts in though, it’s very easy to lose them otherwise.

I'll make sure to do that then,
Thank you  ;D

I advise you to get some pens that do not use ink that quickly and are good quality. I once had an English exam where 1/4 of my essay was written in a near illegible state due to the lack of quality my pen had  :'(
But it was only Year 8 so no way near the tough notorious exams but I hope this doesn't happen to anyone especially during 3/4 VCE Exams

Oh no, that must've been tough  :'(
Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure
to get good pens ! :D

Mod Edit: Merged posts :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 03:30:00 pm by beatroot »