Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 11:10:28 pm

Author Topic: exam space  (Read 809 times)

ishhhyyyaaa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
exam space
« on: October 31, 2018, 02:54:50 pm »
hey guys,

in one of my first exams,
i wrote underneath the designated lines only because i asked the supervisor & he said it was okay unless it crossed the next question, then i'd have to complete it in the space at the back; so i did that for some questions.
then i continued to answer more than one question at the back of the booklet, because they gave 2 pages, so in my head i just assumed that you could since there was 2????

but i was reading the hsc discussions & all & apparently you
a) cant write under the lines
b) have to get a writing booklet for every question

so i just wanna know what will happen??

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Re: exam space
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 01:37:24 pm »
+2
hey guys,

in one of my first exams,
i wrote underneath the designated lines only because i asked the supervisor & he said it was okay unless it crossed the next question, then i'd have to complete it in the space at the back; so i did that for some questions.
then i continued to answer more than one question at the back of the booklet, because they gave 2 pages, so in my head i just assumed that you could since there was 2????

but i was reading the hsc discussions & all & apparently you
a) cant write under the lines
b) have to get a writing booklet for every question

so i just wanna know what will happen??

Like others have said, I think that if a lot of what you wrote is not within the lines, then the marker will most likely look for your paper in order to give you the best chance, otherwise they may not. I think it depends on who you get marking? But I'm sure it will be fine! It probably happens to them quite a bit, so I'm guessing they'd now how to make their way around these situations  :)

2018 HSC

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
  • Never let your memories be greater than your dream
  • Respect: +20
Re: exam space
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 01:12:32 pm »
+1
Like dcesaona said, it shoudln't be a problem. If you didn't cross over into other questions then I would assume it would be fine. I would avoid stressing too much about. You've done an amazing job getting throught the exam. Focus on that and don't dwell too much on the specifics. The markers are trying to give you marks generally, and normally they aren't mean and petty people, usually the opposite, and they understand the pressures that people have to deal with in exam conditions. Hope this makes sense!!
Hsc: Advanced English || Maths Extension 1 || Mathematics || Economics || Chemistry || Physics