Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 09:54:48 pm

Author Topic: SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM 2019  (Read 6638 times)  Share 

academiic

• Adventurer
  • 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠...
  • Respect: 0
SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM 2019
« on: November 25, 2018, 12:36:23 pm »
+1
This is a new discussion for people doing the selective school exam in 2019... we can use it to share the results. who's trying out for schs?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 03:14:04 pm by academiic »
streaming 24/7 lofi hip hop radio, beats to relax/study to

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
Re: SELECTIVE SCHOOL EXAM 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:06:34 pm »
Me,hopefully I’ll get in.Im going for SCHS.Got great math,avg writing and shit reading comp.Older sibling went SCHS.😁Good luck,we have 6 months left

academiic

• Adventurer
  • 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 06:21:13 pm »
Me,hopefully I’ll get in.Im going for SCHS.Got great math,avg writing and shit reading comp.Older sibling went SCHS.😁Good luck,we have 6 months left
\

Haha I do go to tutoring and whenever we do a mock exam I get the exact opposite of you lol. Math is my worst subject.

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 09:22:02 pm »
\

Haha I do go to tutoring and whenever we do a mock exam I get the exact opposite of you lol. Math is my worst subject.

:),U live in the West?

academiic

• Adventurer
  • 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 06:26:14 pm »
yes, werribee

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 01:39:07 pm »
me too :)
im so nervous for the test lmao...
and I really want to get an admission too.
oh god help me sjksjksjksjs

lacitam

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 01:49:32 pm »
+1
me too :)
im so nervous for the test lmao...
and I really want to get an admission too.
oh god help me sjksjksjksjs
It's normal to feel nervous about it man, you still have a long time so chill out in the mean time
Anecdotally, I only found out I was taking an 'exam' a week before the actual test, so yeah I was shitting bricks, but I still managed to get in anyways.
relax man and study efficiently. if you know your stuff and you're a quick thinker, then you're pretty much guaranteed entry :)
all the best!!!

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 05:59:29 pm »
It's normal to feel nervous about it man, you still have a long time so chill out in the mean time
Anecdotally, I only found out I was taking an 'exam' a week before the actual test, so yeah I was shitting bricks, but I still managed to get in anyways.
relax man and study efficiently. if you know your stuff and you're a quick thinker, then you're pretty much guaranteed entry :)
all the best!!!

Wow, congrats!

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 02:53:54 pm »
tysm!! Honestly, idk if I am studying enough. I study around 1.5 hours a day but compared to other people who study for literally the whole day makes me loose all my hope. Moreover, sometimes I get lost, like idk what to do next. I go to edu-kingdom tutoring and I will be doing 2 hendersons mock exams and 2 workshops. One of my mum's friends let me use her daughters henderson booklet with which she got into macrob.
Also, in one day I do 1-2 chapters in my year 8 maths textbook and then the hendersons booklet and then some other material I have.
If you dont mind, could you please give me some tips on what to study??

The Progenitor

• Trailblazer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 03:29:00 pm »
I'm only regurgitating information that I've heard already, but just cover all of the year 9 maths and focus on reading books and writing every now and then. There is no important reason to specifically spend time on things like prefixes and suffixes, just gradually build them up from reading and writing, in contrast to memorising them from websites.

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 05:43:36 pm »
tysm!! Honestly, idk if I am studying enough. I study around 1.5 hours a day but compared to other people who study for literally the whole day makes me loose all my hope. Moreover, sometimes I get lost, like idk what to do next. I go to edu-kingdom tutoring and I will be doing 2 hendersons mock exams and 2 workshops. One of my mum's friends let me use her daughters henderson booklet with which she got into macrob.
Also, in one day I do 1-2 chapters in my year 8 maths textbook and then the hendersons booklet and then some other material I have.
If you dont mind, could you please give me some tips on what to study??

1.5 hours a day is decent, probably more than enough unless your behind your normal schoolwork as well. Once feb-March finishes, maybe 2 hours would be great then in the last month, 2.5-3 hours would be great.
That’s just what I would do:)

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 12:05:49 pm »
thank you :)
Right now I am going through the lines,shapes and solids chapter in the year 8 textbook. However, there are many chapters in there and I don't know which ones to focus on more. If you could tell me what things/chapters I must know from the year 8 and 9 textbook, I would greatly appreciate it.

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 04:40:45 pm »
thank you :)
Right now I am going through the lines,shapes and solids chapter in the year 8 textbook. However, there are many chapters in there and I don't know which ones to focus on more. If you could tell me what things/chapters I must know from the year 8 and 9 textbook, I would greatly appreciate it.
I’m giving the test as well, so I’m not sure. Maybe just work on the chapters that would be in the exam, eg:
Inequalities
Liner equations
Non linear equations
mx+c
Number patterns

There was a guy who said what would be in the exam, maybe check him out

The title of that thing is DETAILED Selective exam details or something like that.
On ATAR notes
Good luck ;)

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 05:42:15 pm »
thank you and good luck to you too :)
if you don't mind me asking which school are you trying out for and what tutorings do you go to?

Kind Regards
Rakshana R

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 05:55:56 pm »
thank you and good luck to you too :)
if you don't mind me asking which school are you trying out for and what tutorings do you go to?

Kind Regards
Rakshana R
MHS and SCHS, I wouldn’t mind any of em  :)
I go to Spectrum Tuition