Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 06, 2024, 09:26:03 pm

Author Topic: Internal and External Transfers - Monash University  (Read 49392 times)  Share 

SteliosV

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Balwyn High School
Re: Internal and External Transfers - Monash University
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 12:12:40 am »
Hi all when transferring internally from Monash to say another Monash course do you do it via crack in addition to the internal paper
My Raw Scores: Greek 37, International Studies 34, English 38, Methods 32, Physics 33, Economics 40, Further 39

Bachelor Comm/Engineering @ Monash. '17

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 12:33:15 am »
Hi all when transferring internally from Monash to say another Monash course do you do it via crack in addition to the internal paper
err.. what, did you typo there? :P

Phy124

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +464
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 12:36:20 am »
+4
After reading this 10 times I've established that VTAC was auto-corrected to crack, I think...
Mathematical Methods | Physics | Chemistry | English | Business Management

2012-2017
Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) @ Monash University

Current
Transport Modeller @ Arup

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:04 am »
After reading this 10 times I've established that VTAC was auto-corrected to crack, I think...

I was assuming the crack was to bribe the hippies in Arts faculty.

Which course you looking to transfer into?
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

ggxoxo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 01:19:25 am »

LOL- if it is, can we send this to Ellen's "Clumsy Thumbsy Autocorrects"

SteliosV

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School: Balwyn High School
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 12:26:16 pm »
Sorry guys yes I did mean VTAC.

I'm stuck and don't know what to do, and I really want to get out of my course.

Anyone please have any advice for me:(
My Raw Scores: Greek 37, International Studies 34, English 38, Methods 32, Physics 33, Economics 40, Further 39

Bachelor Comm/Engineering @ Monash. '17

Rohmer

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 01:22:49 pm »
Sorry guys yes I did mean VTAC.

I'm stuck and don't know what to do, and I really want to get out of my course.

Anyone please have any advice for me:(

For internal transfers you normally just fill in an application form from the faculty (no VTAC)

Advice: Find a course you want to transfer into through course handbooks, look at the transfers page of the faculty who manages that course --> Apply.

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 04:51:32 pm »
+1
Yes, but he's missed the cutoff date for most courses, so I think his only option is to apply through VTAC. You dont have to do both together, as long as you apply using either it would be the same, except for VTAC you have to pay.
2010: History Revolutions 35
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

jess123

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 11:04:42 pm »
Hi.

I am starting science at monash mid year and ultimately want to end up in biomed at monash in semester 1 2015.  I have read the faculties requirements of transferring and it states you need to have completed 4 units at monash (with good grades) and the cut off date for transferring is about october if i remember correctly. Does this mean I am not eligible to transfer as I won't have completed any monash units by those dates as results come out in dec. Also is they the only requirements for transferring is to do well in units ~ 75% in subjects and to complete 4 of them + have the prereqs for the course. I have also chosen 3 of my subjects but need help in choosing another easy subject as a GPA booster from any faculty that would be useful for my further studies. What is the likelihood of me being able to transfer?

slothpomba

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Chief Executive Sloth
  • Respect: +327
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 12:08:15 am »
+1
Hi.

I am starting science at monash mid year and ultimately want to end up in biomed at monash in semester 1 2015.  I have read the faculties requirements of transferring and it states you need to have completed 4 units at monash (with good grades) and the cut off date for transferring is about october if i remember correctly. Does this mean I am not eligible to transfer as I won't have completed any monash units by those dates as results come out in dec. Also is they the only requirements for transferring is to do well in units ~ 75% in subjects and to complete 4 of them + have the prereqs for the course. I have also chosen 3 of my subjects but need help in choosing another easy subject as a GPA booster from any faculty that would be useful for my further studies. What is the likelihood of me being able to transfer?

Most of your questions are better directed to the faculty. They will give you a definite answer. The form goes in October but i assume it is actioned on significantly later.

As for easy boosters, it depends what you like. I recommend ASP1022 for anyone with basic biology/chemistry knowledge, it is a very, very interesting unit. Alternatively, very easy maths (SCI1020) or distance philosophy (you can nominate your mark for your assessments, if you dont get it, you can try again). They are all also hard in their own way as well, don't underestimate them but they are generally easy to score high in compared to other units.

ATAR Notes Chat
Philosophy thread
-----
2011-15: Bachelor of Science/Arts (Religious studies) @ Monash Clayton - Majors: Pharmacology, Physiology, Developmental Biology
2016: Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Psychiatry research

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 03:51:43 pm »
just a quick question - if you transfer between degrees, and in the end you have 9 subjects that are outside of the faculty that you finish your course in (you usually get 8 electives), obviously you will have to do all the requirements to finish the degree, and this would leave you with 1 extra subject that didnt go towards the degree.

what happens with this in terms of your gpa? do all 9 of the subjects count towards your wam? or does the lowest score one out of the 9 just get forgotten about?

asking for a friend, cheers

j-awad11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • School: Kilbreda College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »
hey guys, so it turns out that i didnt do as well as i was expecting, so my wam is only about 70. should i just forget law?

jeanweasley

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Trust only in yourself
  • Respect: +73
  • School: SHGC
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »
hey guys, so it turns out that i didnt do as well as i was expecting, so my wam is only about 70. should i just forget law?

Not sure about this. Do they only count your Sem 1 WAM?
2014: BA @ Monash University
2015: LLB(Hons)/BA @ Monash University

j-awad11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • School: Kilbreda College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 08:24:38 pm »
Not sure about this. Do they only count your Sem 1 WAM?

I think so, says "achieved a distinction average or better".

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 08:30:41 pm »
I'd still apply to transfer but honestly, I think it's unlikely :(.

The JD is still an option if you can boost your WAM and if you can score well on the LSAT. Otherwise you could aim to do a full undergrad law degree as a mature age student or something I think (?).

Good luck with everything.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️