Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:10:27 am

Author Topic: Small Cohort In Methods  (Read 1366 times)

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
Small Cohort In Methods
« on: October 27, 2021, 09:10:30 pm »
Hey all,

I am one of three students that will be sitting the Methods exam this year, the other two people in my class have completely given up and are not doing any study for the subject at all. I am currently top ranked of my cohort (not really an achievement) but how badly will my scores be affected if both of them tank the exam? I have been trying my hardest to provide resources and things to help them do better on the exams but, like they say, you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

• MOTM: July 20
  • Trendsetter
Re: Small Cohort In Methods
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 10:34:09 pm »
Hey all,

I am one of three students that will be sitting the Methods exam this year, the other two people in my class have completely given up and are not doing any study for the subject at all. I am currently top ranked of my cohort (not really an achievement) but how badly will my scores be affected if both of them tank the exam? I have been trying my hardest to provide resources and things to help them do better on the exams but, like they say, you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.
Hi SnekiSnek,

As long as you are rank 1 I do not believe you would be affected by your cohorts performance on the exam. (somebody please correct me if I am wrong here)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:35:54 pm by 1729 »

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 08:43:17 am »
In terms of your exam score, it won't affect it, but ur sac scores may be scaled down. Because if VCAA sees ur cohort is averaging 80% in sacs but 60% in the exam, then they say that the sacs u get r too easy and so scale their scores down (I think, if the process is more nuanced or wrong plz forgive me). So ur sacs may be scaled down by an amount due to their performance, but since the exam make sup the bulk of ur SS, and u presumably got really great sac marks you should be fine. But yeah, for the exam the cohort performance impacts everyone.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 10:46:53 am »
Hey all,

I think you are safe, given that you are rank 1.