Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 10:58:51 pm

Author Topic: Monash Medicine - Interviews for 2021 entry  (Read 2825 times)  Share 

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
Monash Medicine - Interviews for 2021 entry
« on: August 15, 2020, 12:09:19 pm »
+5
Hi everyone,
I just noticed that on the Monash website it now states that Interviews (for Medicine direct entry) will be selected based on UCAT scores only and be hold in mid-December prior to VCE ATAR results being released.

From the website:
Applicants will be invited (via email) to attend the MMI which will, most likely this year via an online format. As VCE results will not be released until the end of December, most interviews will be held in mid December.  Only a set number of applicants will be invited for an interview and this selection will be based on a ranking of their UCAT score only. Further interviews will be held in the first week of January once ranking has been completed using applicants' final year aggregrate scores and UCAT score.

Just wanted to see what people thought about this and if anyone has got ideas about how it will run (eg. will they interview more people than normal?) Also it states that it will "most likely [be] online" which will also be a big change if this does go ahead.
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Monash Medicine - Interviews for 2021 entry
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 12:23:12 pm »
+8
From what I can see there are two interview blocks. One before ATARs and one after ATARs they are probably just getting the interviews of those who scored relatively high in the UCAT out of the way earlier. However, there might be some redundancy in this since those student interviewed may go onto receive ATARs which are not high enough. The January interviews are likely for those with high ATARs and adequate but not super high UCATs.

I have no idea for sure but I think it may be more people interviewed overall given the less accurate criteria to get an interview in terms of the set before ATARs are released.

As for online interviews, I think they have happened before with regards to international/interstate students who may not be able to make the interview.