Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 03:07:44 pm

Author Topic: Can someone please give me some feedback on my topic sentences. Thanks,  (Read 846 times)  Share 

123wsp

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0

How is education dealt with in Nine Days?

Could you please let me know if my topic sentences and contention link to the essay question.

Contention: Jordan elucidates that education acts to improve the life of an individual in various ways.

Through her portrayal of uneducated women and educated women, Jordan suggests that educating women is a way to achieve greater gender equality in society.

Jordan postulates that education contributes to the self-fulfilment of an individual, as education provides individuals with more respectable and fulfilling job opportunities. 

Jordan reveals that an individual will allow themselves to be controlled by those that are more educated, as they will often feel like
they are worth less than the educated. Thus, she accentuates that that education can improve the self-worth of an individual.

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
+1
Hey!

These are quite good and your ideas align with the promot really well. The first topic sentence is great, however, in my personal opinion, I think that the second one could be less wordy, so for example,

You don't need to put self fulfilment of an individual  you can just put self fulfill net since that hints at the individual. being fulfilled.

Your third sentence is really good in terms of ideas, but I think it can be expressed in a more succinct way,

Good luck, you are doing really well.
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

iam_real_don

• Adventurer
  • Main Hoon Don (I am Don)
  • Respect: +1
+1
Hey I am Don,
I would like to point out that your topic sentences are all good, they have the correct wording in all of them however if it is an extended response to this question this thesis/topic sentence you wrote will be sufficient:
"Jordan postulates that education contributes to the self-fulfilment of an individual, as education provides individuals with more respectable and fulfilling job opportunities."

Because you can break it into two thesis points for (with the comma separating 1st thesis point to the 2nd) that way you can use the TEEL structure (SEAL, TEE, PEEL) to finish it off with two to three body paragraphs and a conclusion.

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost also has some good advice listen to him/her as well

Good Luck,
With Great Pleasure,
(Don)

HSC 2020 ATAR - 85.65
Adv English - 88
PDHPE - 88
FT - 92
Adv Math - 78
IPT - 83