Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 11:35:14 pm

Author Topic: Help Answering: to what extent questions  (Read 1042 times)  Share 

Ninjamagics

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Help Answering: to what extent questions
« on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:25 pm »
I was handed a lot of practice SAC's for Unit 3 O1 and noticed that a number of high end questions include the phrase "to what extent". Just wondering if anyone has some general advice in approaching a questions like these and how to ensure I am addressing the prompt directly. What are some of the common pitfalls students fall into. I'm a Maths and science student forced into history so sorry for the stupid question.

alrightally

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Help Answering: to what extent questions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:34:19 am »
Basically, you're just forming your own opinion on how much X area (eg. Louis XVI as a King) had an impact on the cause of the revolution. Obviously, you aren't arguing your own point to convince an audience or using the words 'I believe...' , but you're evaluating all of the reasons as to why X area caused/didn't cause the revolution. For these questions, it's good to agree with the prompt for part of your answer and then dedicate the rest to arguing other points. The examiners want to see how much you know, not just what they've given you in the question.

Hope this made sense!
2018: History Revolutions (41)
2019: Health & Human (50), Psychology (49), English (43), Literature (39), Maths Methods (33)
ATAR: 98.85

Message me for tutoring! I would love to help you reach your SS goals.