Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 01:53:03 pm

Author Topic: 2011 Legal Results Thread  (Read 19310 times)  Share 

nacho

• The Thought Police
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +418
Re: 2011 Legal Results Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 11:09:52 pm »
oh, could you upload some of what you have typed up already?
this would be helpful

Ohh, I've only typed up notes for the first chapter of my textbook - "Making and Breaking the Law". I got slack typing them. I don't know if it will be of any use to you, but I'll upload it anyway. Sorrryy I can't be of further help.  =\ Anyhow good luck for Thursday.
that's still pretty helpful.
How do you set your notes out like that? I'm going to start typing my notes for legal, there's just too much writing and it's difficult to keep organised.
This chapter 1, it's basically light revision of last year, correct? In the justice and outcomes textbook, it was summed in 2 pages or so.
OFFICIAL FORUM RULE #1:
TrueTears is my role model so find your own

2012: BCom/BSc @ Monash
[Majors: Finance, Actuarial Studies, Mathematical Statistics]
[Minors: Psychology/ Statistics]

"Baby, it's only micro when it's soft".
-Bill Gates

Upvote me

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +287
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 11:17:54 pm »
Very detailed notes considering it was only for the introduction! :P

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 04:51:46 pm »
that's still pretty helpful.
How do you set your notes out like that? I'm going to start typing my notes for legal, there's just too much writing and it's difficult to keep organised.
This chapter 1, it's basically light revision of last year, correct? In the justice and outcomes textbook, it was summed in 2 pages or so.

I made notes on the first chapter in the holidays, and I combined my own notes with what my teacher had said in class. My teacher said there isn't really any point making notes on what you already know/are comfortable with; instead, make notes for the areas/topics which you're concerned with or are unsure of. I have a separate exercise book purely based for note-taking and once I finish an AOS, I write up notes based on what I've written in the exercise book. Try to condense all your notes into mini-paragraphs or dot points? I find that also works. Easier to read.

Yes, Chapter 1 of my textbook - "Making and Breaking the Law" is essentially light revision of last year. Depends on the textbook I guess; different textbooks start off at different topics. Do whatever works for you; I tend to make my notes in large chunks of paragraphs using examples etc. If you want your notes as a PDF file, go to 'Save As' then click 'Adobe PDF' - this is on Microsoft Office Word 2007, I believe.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »
My actual SAC is on Monday. I got my practice SAC back a few days ago - 42/50; which was the highest score in the year level. The average was 23/50 in my class; my teacher marked the SAC quite harshly. The practice SAC was 13 pages long. o.0 Has everyone already done their first SAC?  =\

nacho

• The Thought Police
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +418
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 08:18:20 pm »
Sigh, that really says something about standards.. Our practice SAC was 1 double-page, a long with the actual SAC (which was in reality, a half SAC).
Do you think you could upload/type out the questions on your practice SAC? (although, 13 pages seems a lot to scan/type out o_o)
by the way, i found my SAC to be really easy, it was only a 10 marker, and the only thing which will distinguish the top from the rest would be the question on 'seperation of powers'. I really hope that the school makes harder SACs though..
OFFICIAL FORUM RULE #1:
TrueTears is my role model so find your own

2012: BCom/BSc @ Monash
[Majors: Finance, Actuarial Studies, Mathematical Statistics]
[Minors: Psychology/ Statistics]

"Baby, it's only micro when it's soft".
-Bill Gates

Upvote me

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 08:57:13 pm »
Sigh, that really says something about standards.. Our practice SAC was 1 double-page, a long with the actual SAC (which was in reality, a half SAC).
Do you think you could upload/type out the questions on your practice SAC? (although, 13 pages seems a lot to scan/type out o_o)
by the way, i found my SAC to be really easy, it was only a 10 marker, and the only thing which will distinguish the top from the rest would be the question on 'seperation of powers'. I really hope that the school makes harder SACs though..

My practice SAC was pretty easy as well - content-wise; my teacher wanted more detail though. Hence, some students were too general and didn't get full marks; myself included. There was a 10-mark question on my SAC as well; about Parliament - I got 8 for it. o.0 I've attached a copy of the exact questions on my practice SAC; you'll find it's not too hard.

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 08:59:01 pm »
I hate Legal studies with a passion, but damn that looks easy :/
2011:
Aims-
English 35, Further 45+, Methods 35, Physics 32, Turkish 33, Legal 28.

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 09:46:59 pm »
Darn that looks easy. Mine was just as easy I think, I want more 'detailed' SACs that actually encourage you to think outside the box and not regurgitate textbook material, though.

Zafaraaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 10:22:20 am »
Darn that looks easy. Mine was just as easy I think, I want more 'detailed' SACs that actually encourage you to think outside the box and not regurgitate textbook material, though.

Most of my practice sacs have been pretty straightforward too. Does Legal even have "make you think outside the box" sacs? Like what's an example of a question that would come in one of those sacs?
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 11:21:54 am »
I was thinking just questions that have a scenario at the start. I think that's as far as it goes in Legal, in terms of thinking 'outside the box'.

Tobias Funke

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2011, 12:12:56 pm »
With those questions? How many lines of writing were they each expected to be? I'm getting 12 was an Extended Response question?
sometimes I feel as if I'd be more enriched in life if I bought an RV and started cooking meth

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2011, 02:31:57 pm »
With those questions? How many lines of writing were they each expected to be? I'm getting 12 was an Extended Response question?

The way I would structure the answer if the question was worth 12 marks is; one paragraph stating to what extent you disagree or agree with the statement. Then, I would have 4 or 5 paragraphs - for each paragraph outline one strength and the corresponding weakness. I don't know how many lines that equates to, but they normally give you a lot of writing space for the big mark questions anyhow. 12 marks is probably the most you'll get for the "scenario" questions. I'd structure your response so it's easier to read for the exam markers and your teacher; one strength and weakness per paragraph.

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2011, 05:51:27 pm »
Count me in guys - my first SAC is on Wednesday and I will post my result once I have it.
Currently working in the IT Industry as an Oracle DBA (State Government)

Murphy was an optimist

Bachelor of Information Technology @ La Trobe (Melbourne) - Completed 2014
WAM: 91.96
The key, the whole key, and nothing but the key, so help me Codd.

Subjects I tutored during my time at LTU:
CSE2DBF (Database Fundamentals)
CSE1IS (Information Systems)
CSE2DES (System Design Engineering)

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes defining the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
― Albert Einstein

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 05:57:23 pm »
My SAC is tomorrow.  =] I should *hopefully* get my result within the week.

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »
Good luck!