Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 10:46:42 pm

Author Topic: Some band 6 advice & case study notes :)  (Read 4980 times)  Share 

Jyrgal

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Some band 6 advice & case study notes :)
« on: May 23, 2017, 09:03:49 pm »
+1
 ive done BST accelerated and managed to receive a band 6- the best advice id give is basically assign a case study to every section apart from role as well as know your GTDF (graphs table diagrams flowchards) to ensure your section 4 is set. i struggled with section 3 (insider info: my teacher showed me my mark, i got 16 which is pretty bad), so theres not much i can say about this section. Section 2 was my best (39/40), my advice for this is to do the dotpoint Qs, they help alot because BST is just alot of memorising and content dumping.

I have some leftover case study material for operations & marketing, post ur emails below and ill send you over through email (cant upload exceeds limit)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Some band 6 advice & case study notes :)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 09:26:19 pm »
+1
Thanks for sharing your advice!! If you like, you can upload your Notes to our Notes section! The upload limits there are much larger, almost definitely enough for a solid sized PDF/Word Document - This way your resources will be there for anyone to download! ;D

Jyrgal

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:13:12 pm »
Unfortunately they are in Excel and >2mb  :-\ ill try fix this and upload in pdf after my upcoming exams  :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 11:44:55 pm »
Unfortunately they are in Excel and >2mb  :-\ ill try fix this and upload in pdf after my upcoming exams  :)

Legend! You are awesome, good luck with the upcoming exams! ;D

_____

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 05:29:09 pm »
ive done BST accelerated and managed to receive a band 6- the best advice id give is basically assign a case study to every section apart from role as well as know your GTDF (graphs table diagrams flowchards) to ensure your section 4 is set. i struggled with section 3 (insider info: my teacher showed me my mark, i got 16 which is pretty bad), so theres not much i can say about this section. Section 2 was my best (39/40), my advice for this is to do the dotpoint Qs, they help alot because BST is just alot of memorising and content dumping.

I have some leftover case study material for operations & marketing, post ur emails below and ill send you over through email (cant upload exceeds limit)

Thanks for the advice. By dotpoint questions do you mean the "students learn to" part or making our own worksheets relating to the actual role/influence/process/strategies dotpoints and filling them in to memorise them?

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 08:10:18 pm »
Hi there

what are your thoughts on the Qantas case study textbook

herb123

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 11:31:05 pm »

Thanks bro ive messaged u my email!

bearbear

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 09:41:59 am »
+1
Hi there

what are your thoughts on the Qantas case study textbook
Hi, I have the Qantas Case Study book and I find it really helpful as it gives information and examples of Qantas for each syllabus point. It's broken down into each of the four topics and even provides a brief history of Qantas and a section on how to use the case study in the HSC. It has pretty much everything you need in the one place which saves time and research, it is regularly updated each each year and Qantas also provides some really good examples for the syllabus.
Hope this helps!  :D

Jeevenn

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 01:15:24 pm »
Heyy, my email is [email protected]

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 05:10:13 pm »

Hey Jyrgal

my email is [email protected]

thank you so much! :)

BradMate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 10:35:52 pm »

Hey, I've just seen "GTDF (graphs table diagrams flowcharts)" and I'm a little concerned... My busi teachers (none r HSC markers) have encouraged us to avoid anything other than just lines of words for section 4... e.g no gtdf.

Are you certain top responses (18, 19, 20s) must include these GTDFs? If so, how many and which GTDFs specifically should be used, and in which contexts.

We've mainly just been told to thoroughly integrate our case studies all throughout.

Many thanks.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 10:50:10 am »
+3
Hey, I've just seen "GTDF (graphs table diagrams flowcharts)" and I'm a little concerned... My busi teachers (none r HSC markers) have encouraged us to avoid anything other than just lines of words for section 4... e.g no gtdf.

Are you certain top responses (18, 19, 20s) must include these GTDFs? If so, how many and which GTDFs specifically should be used, and in which contexts.

We've mainly just been told to thoroughly integrate our case studies all throughout.

Many thanks.

hey! it's not totally necessary to include GTDFs in your section 4 response. in trials, i scored in the A range for my section 4 response and used none of those - just making sure i knew my syllabus back to front and case studies integrated throughout.

best of luck for your hsc,
fantasticbeasts
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

marcorabbitolol

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 01:16:24 pm »
+1

Many thanks.

hey
i got a 20 in question 26 in the trials, and while a lot of this was a knowledge dump it also helps to find ways to write as little as possible in the small period of time you have, so one part of the question wanted a SWOT analysis, i did the SWOT of my case study in a table and that section was covered. howeverrrrrrrr i did shockingly in q 25 and while it was mostly my complete inability to include a case study that dragged me down- i also did this weird basic graph (i thought it was a cool gap filler  ::)) which my teacher laughed at me for and said it was a waste of time and space- she suggested do not do graphs in business reports (and extendeds) unless you are able to do a really comprehensive one like the profit vs sales of domestic vs international flights in australia and antarctica for the last 23 years -you get the idea- like one that google would have trouble finding :o....hope this helps, i would be interested if other ppl say different to that.  :D
all the best

bimberfairy

• Trendsetter
  • Dedicate the present to working on yourself
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 01:31:16 pm »
Hi, I have the Qantas Case Study book and I find it really helpful as it gives information and examples of Qantas for each syllabus point. It's broken down into each of the four topics and even provides a brief history of Qantas and a section on how to use the case study in the HSC. It has pretty much everything you need in the one place which saves time and research, it is regularly updated each each year and Qantas also provides some really good examples for the syllabus.
Hope this helps!  :D

Omg, I use the Qantas Case Study book too and it's honestly amazing. It's quite long and in-depth but it's one of the best case studies because it really does cover EVERYTHING. I usually find it so hard to find case studies for Finance, so the book really helps in that aspect (:
HSC 2017: Mathematics Extension | Mathematics Advanced | English Advanced | Biology | Legal Studies | Business Studies
2018: Bachelor of Commerce/Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars) @ USYD

"Everyone's fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

rh1A

• Trailblazer
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 05:10:39 pm »
HEy i no rite....this is so helpful :o :o :o