Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:13:03 am

Author Topic: PE or Business Management??  (Read 2010 times)

hurricanet0rtilla

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
PE or Business Management??
« on: July 02, 2020, 05:29:46 pm »
Hi guys,
I don’t know whether I should do PE 3/4 or Busman 3/4 in year 11.
I haven’t done any 1/2 units in year 10.
Whichever one I don’t do as a 3/4 I will do as a 1/2 and then do 3/4 in year 12.
The other subjects I’m going to do are:
English, Methods, Accounting and Italian.
Please let me know out of PE and BM which one is better to do without units 1/2.

Which one is more content heavy? Would it be best to take BM alongside accounting in year 12 or does that not matter?

I’m very interested in both subjects but I just don’t know which one I should do as 3/4 and my application for a 3/4 subject is due soon.

Thank you for reading this :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:31:37 pm by hurricanet0rtilla »

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
Re: PE or Business Management??
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 02:16:47 pm »
Hi Hurricane!

PE and Busman are both great subjects, and even though I only did Busman I know plenty who did PE and know they almost all loved it. I've heard that content wise they're relatively similar. Irrespective, you should spend a larger proportion of your time on whichever 3/4 you do choose.

I do think BusMan and Accounting fit together quite well, but I don't necessarily think it matters whether you do BusMan in Y11 or Y12. I would even prefer doing BusMan early because it might even support Accounting concepts as a form of pseudo 'pre-learned' knowledge.

Personally, I would take BusMan early as I think it gives a better insight into how English runs in terms of writing styles and ways to structure responses etc. (especially needing to write quicker), but if you feel like you prefer PE go for that!
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

hurricanet0rtilla

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: PE or Business Management??
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 04:48:34 pm »
Thank you that was very helpful :)