Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:54:45 am

Author Topic: Quiry about Irregular Offers!  (Read 1019 times)  Share 

DrowNz

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
Quiry about Irregular Offers!
« on: January 21, 2008, 02:20:20 am »
G'day.

I just wanted to know the following: Is it possible to launch an irregular offer to a course not listed in your vtac preferences whilst enrolled into your first preference? Or would it automatically then exclude you from the first offer course you've enrolled into?

Thanks.
Tuition in Biology, ESL & Hebrew Available.

Contact me at [email protected]

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Re: Quiry about Irregular Offers!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 02:22:56 am »
It is possible. You will hang onto your current offer until you successfully enrol into a new course (then you might have to inform your old university that you are changing your course).

DrowNz

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 02:32:35 am »
Thanks for the quick reply! another thing - could my irregular offer be of a higher enter score than my top preference?
Tuition in Biology, ESL & Hebrew Available.

Contact me at [email protected]

nak

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 03:15:26 am »
yes it may, it can be a course which is below your offer (obviously any of the courses you put in your prefs since you got your first one) or a course that is not in your preferences. But then about the enter score... is the course you wanted to get into higher than your actual enter because if it is, it will be difficult since the uni will give spots which are free but if someone else applies for an irregular offer and has a score higher than the clearly-in and has all the prerequisites, they will be chosen instead. It all really depends on how much spots they have free, many irregular are full-fee places. But if your score is above the clearly-in and fulfil all the prerequisites i assume you will have a better opportunity of entering the course than a course that you cannot meet the clearly-in.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 03:29:45 am by nak »