Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 03:11:37 am

Author Topic: A new beginning  (Read 848 times)  Share 

Eventful

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: ~
  • School Grad Year: 2017
A new beginning
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:31:41 pm »
Hello forum users,

I am wondering what happens once I finish Year 12. I have put in my VTAC preferences and know where I want to study; however, I am not informed as to what else I would need to do.

Presuming I am accepted in my preferred course what happens next? When is the time period to select what electives/subjects/units I want to have each semester?

Is there any other useful information that someone in my position would benefit from knowing? If so, it would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Eventful

(if this is in the wrong section please move it to the appropriate space (if necessary) @Moderators, thank you in advance.)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: A new beginning
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 09:36:29 pm »
+6
Now that you have entered in your preferences, the next key date that you would need to be aware of is that December period when your ATAR is released. During that time, preference selection opens again for a short period of time, so you make alterations to the preferences based on the ATAR you received (if you choose to do so).

Then in mid-January, round 1 offers come out. You go through the whole enrolment process then.

Biggest tips:
1. Unless you do not meet a pre requisite or something that completely rules you out of a course, do not get rid of it or change its order if it is something that you definitely want to do. Remember that most courses go through a middle band for selection as well, so the clearly-in score does not necessarily reflect the "minimum" requirement.
2. Make a Plan B and potentially a Plan C. It is very fine and well to say that you know exactly what course you want and what subjects/electives you want to do.. but you need to be prepared for the reality that you can't proceed with Plan A. No one can predict the future unfortunately :)

P.S - I have moved this thread to General University as most of your post refers to university stuff, rather than VTAC.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
Re: A new beginning
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:40:43 pm »
+3
Presuming I am accepted in my preferred course what happens next? When is the time period to select what electives/subjects/units I want to have each semester?
Here is the low down =).

Presuming I am accepted in my preferred course what happens next???
After you are accepted in your course, your will sign up for your uni, follow the standard instructions for sign (this varies depending on uni) and then you'll have an account (for the University platform).

Prior to signup, you should receive an email or letter that will explain things to you.

Once  this is done, you select your electives/subjects.

When is the time period to select what electives/subjects/units I want to have each semester?
There will be a date called a census date, which is the last date that you have to select your subjects or electives for the semester.  The time period for subject selection is between the census date and before the start of the semester.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:43:46 pm by EEEEEEP »