Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 06:04:51 pm

Author Topic: smart?  (Read 624 times)  Share 

Sarahxx16

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
smart?
« on: June 05, 2019, 07:24:22 pm »
straight out, how do you become smart

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: smart?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:43:25 pm »
+5
straight out, how do you become smart
Hey Sarah,

How would you define 'smart' in this context?

If you're talking about achieving high grades, natural talent can only take you so far. It is mainly a student's consistent work and effort / having a sound understanding of the content that gets them the high grades. There is also not a certain number of hours that you need to be studying for in order to achieve great results. Some people may use a study schedule but others may not. Just find what works for you :).

I am no expert but I like to use a three step process to studying. First you have to understand the content. You can do this through asking your teacher if unsure or consulting friends and/or the internet (i.e. explanatory YouTube videos).
The next step is to learn the content. This can involve memorising. You can do this in a number of ways (like using flashcards, getting someone to quiz you, memory mind maps, turning the content into a rap song, recording yourself speaking about topics and playing it back repeatedly etc.).
Then it's time to apply the knowledge. You could do this by doing practice questions, answering questions on the forum, Kahoots (8)) or anything else along those lines.

Another thing is that you should set some goals and remind yourself what you want to achieve, whether that is in the short term or the long term. This may help your motivation levels. Having a to-do list noting what you want to get done in each study session is a good idea too.

Hope this helps to answer your question :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash