Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 08, 2024, 01:57:40 am

Author Topic: What are your experience with formal, valedictory etc.?  (Read 9881 times)  Share 

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
Re: What are your experience with formal, valedictory etc.?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2019, 09:34:58 am »
+2
Last night, I had my graduation dinner, which for all intents and purposes was pretty much a valedictory. Further simplified, it was a party where we got to dress in fancy suits and stuff. I have to be honest, I don't think I will look back on last night as fondly as my Year 10 formal. I don't know what it was, but something was just lacking. Am I just not a formal function/party type of person? After dessert was served, I pretty much wanted to go home. Speaking of food, it was the only redeeming quality from the night. I danced a little bit, but it didn't do much to alleviate the overwhelming disappointment I felt towards an overall mediocre night. I'm almost angry at how disappointed I am.

I may look back on this differently down the line (or when people from my school begin to post pictures from the night on their socials), but as of now, I was thoroughly dissatisfied with my valedictory dinner (apart from the food).
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 10:22:09 am »
+7
graduation
We only had a graduation at our school - no debs or formals. The night itself we really nice. I think it was a pretty standard evening - we each got our graduation certificates for passing the year and then there was subject awards. There was walking around and chatting with friends and teachers between meals, and after dessert the 'formal proceedings' finished or simething and the music got turned up and the dance floor populated. I am not much of a dancer to say the least, but it was fun seeing the others having a bit of fun - plus one of my teachers (who's pretty old) danced like a madman non-stop for a good few hours. The venue was really nice and spacious (it was flemington racecourse) which was a pricey venu for the public school I go to. However, my memory of the evening is a bit tainted by the pretty bad food poisening I got from the food served.
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2019, 12:16:57 pm »
Year 10 Formal, none of my friends attended, so neither did I lol. I didnt see the point in going if i was going to be with people i am not close to. BUT, on that night, my family and i went to the cinemas to watch IT and oh my goodness, formal had nothing on that. To make matters more fun, after the movie one of my family members was feeling curious so we exited through the fire exits AND we got locked under the building because the fire exits were closed and the door we entered through had no handles. that was scarier than IT, and more fun than formal haha.

As for YR 12 valedictory, that is next week and i am so excited, ill tell all about it :)
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2019, 12:20:31 pm »
graduation
We only had a graduation at our school - no debs or formals. The night itself we really nice. I think it was a pretty standard evening - we each got our graduation certificates for passing the year and then there was subject awards. There was walking around and chatting with friends and teachers between meals, and after dessert the 'formal proceedings' finished or simething and the music got turned up and the dance floor populated. I am not much of a dancer to say the least, but it was fun seeing the others having a bit of fun - plus one of my teachers (who's pretty old) danced like a madman non-stop for a good few hours. The venue was really nice and spacious (it was flemington racecourse) which was a pricey venu for the public school I go to. However, my memory of the evening is a bit tainted by the pretty bad food poisening I got from the food served.

you got food poisoning?! that is terrible :( OH wow that is amazing you had it at flemington.

also, i am intrigued to see how well you can draw a spider, care to show me? :) haha
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2019, 12:57:26 pm »
+2
you got food poisoning?! that is terrible :( OH wow that is amazing you had it at flemington.

also, i am intrigued to see how well you can draw a spider, care to show me? :) haha
Alot of people got food poisening unfortunately haha (students, teachers and parents). But having it a flemington was certainly nice.

You can see some of my spider drawing skills here https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=180336.525  ;)
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point