Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 04:23:53 pm

Author Topic: Entry to Year 10 Methods : JMSS  (Read 991 times)  Share 

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Entry to Year 10 Methods : JMSS
« on: September 04, 2019, 08:28:52 pm »
Hey guys, I asked many times in this forum, can someone who has done the methods test for jmss for year 10 please tell me like the format as well as how many questions there will be with the time limit? Thank you so much, I am just really stressing out here like I usually do  ::)

Tommy_01

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Entry to Year 10 Methods : JMSS
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:06:03 pm »
I haven't done the methods test, but dont worry i am sure someone will answer that question. However, I have a question for you as you passed the JMSS interview. Firstly what did you answer for the chocolate bar question? Also what did you answer for the question about curiosity and global warming? How active were you in discussions? Finally, what did bring as your achievements? Also, hope you find someone that will answer your question!

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Re: Entry to Year 10 Methods : JMSS
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 07:08:54 am »
I haven't done the methods test, but dont worry i am sure someone will answer that question. However, I have a question for you as you passed the JMSS interview. Firstly what did you answer for the chocolate bar question? Also what did you answer for the question about curiosity and global warming? How active were you in discussions? Finally, what did bring as your achievements? Also, hope you find someone that will answer your question!
Hey there! First of all the only major positive I had on my side was that I was a STEM Captain at my current high school, so that was pretty big. Tbh, I am more of a bookworm than possibly anyone in this forum! So I barely had any extracurricular activities, except for some that were quite decent but not amazing. What else, I had a Resume, and a Cover letter and some major achievements in Co-curricular activities (like being placed in the top 5% globally for the Language Perfect World Championships). And trust me, DW about the maths quiz, I only managed to finish half of the question properly  (the first one  :P) and I still got in. That just goes to show that the maths quiz was really just a warmup and a bridge to the one on one interviews. The interviews was better than most of my group discussion, and I managed to talk about Climate Change question pretty well by addressing multiple perspectives. Hope that helps :)