Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 11:18:00 am

Author Topic: Past papers  (Read 994 times)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Past papers
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:39:53 pm »
+10
It is truly crunch time now and that means past papers are flyyyyying out of the printer

I know many subjects had syllabus reforms around 2010 so there aren't always many of them to do, so I'm including trial papers and other papers in this tooo...

I was wondering how many past papers/other papers people are doing, in a fortnight, week, day? I swear I saw once ages ago Jamon said he would sometime do three past papers in a day?! If you are doing multiple in a day, HOW DO YOU HAVE THE MOTIVATION!? I get through hardly one and I'm pooped

So yeah, how often is everyone doing past papers?
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: Past papers
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:51:53 pm »
+2
It is truly crunch time now and that means past papers are flyyyyying out of the printer

I know many subjects had syllabus reforms around 2010 so there aren't always many of them to do, so I'm including trial papers and other papers in this tooo...

I was wondering how many past papers/other papers people are doing, in a fortnight, week, day? I swear I saw once ages ago Jamon said he would sometime do three past papers in a day?! If you are doing multiple in a day, HOW DO YOU HAVE THE MOTIVATION!? I get through hardly one and I'm pooped

So yeah, how often is everyone doing past papers?

Haha its pretty hard for me because I've done all the french ones, all the art ones which are relevant, almost all the english ones. I guess it depends what subjects you enjoy! For french for example I could probably do 3 past papers in one day just on it if there were ones i hadnt done because I actually enjoy doing them, especially listening! but for other subjects eg. english, where its more repetitive particularly with the modules where essay questions for A and C are similar its hard to see the point sometimes! i'd just recommend making sure the past papers you do suit your weaknesses and challenge you for instance in art i was constantly getting papers with questions about issues in the world or challenging audiences/boundaries for the essays and so they were easy for me, so to challenge myself i purposely began picking questions i wouldnt usually and it was actually so much more interesting! just my thoughts though :) also i dont print off any of my past papers haha i just use them online
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Past papers
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:03:23 pm »
+7
I was indeed doing three a day in the last few weeks of study and then into exams where possible - I had huge breaks in between. Maths paper from 9:00-12:00, rested for 2 hours. 2:00-5:00 another one, rested for two hours. 7:00-10:00 another one, then had the rest of the night off. Rinse/repeat - I think establishing the routine is the hardest thing! :)