Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:15:56 pm

Author Topic: struggling with unit enrolment (monash)  (Read 1060 times)  Share 

upandgo

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
struggling with unit enrolment (monash)
« on: January 23, 2017, 04:30:28 pm »
hi guys  :) trying to finalise my unit enrolment but i'm quite confused. is it possible to study level 2 units as a first year (second semester) provided that i have met the pre-requisites? i hope to study business law as a major, and as there is only one level 1 unit, i was thinking about undertaking level 2 units the following semester. however i heard that only level 1 units can be undertaken in first year... any clarification is greatly appreciated!
2015: Biology | Accounting
2016: English [44] | Mathematical Methods (CAS) | Business Management | Legal Studies

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: struggling with unit enrolment (monash)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:01:50 pm »
+1
As long as you have the pre-requisites, this is generally okay. You should check with your managing faculty just in case (there may be some exceptions I'm not aware of).

I'm assuming this means that you're likely to be studying a BLaw (code: L3001), which I just checked in the Monash Handbook, which provides this course map here. This means that you won't have much room for other units, unless I'm missing information here (like you're doing a double degree, you've done one of these units before as part of the MUEP - Monash Extension Program or moved the compulsory units around).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:04:20 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread