Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 09:02:26 pm

Author Topic: Because practise exams are out of less does it effect your score?  (Read 1840 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
I know I have 3 days left but whatever I feel hopeless for this subject. Whenever the exam is so irrelevant that it’s out of 96 ish marks I can never get past 70% however if it’s out of more than 100 I usually g ET 75% so does that mean in the real one I’m likely to get 80% because losing one mark will mean less overall?

I was doing well in the lessened exams for other subjects but someone told me it doenst count because less questions. So I’m hoping maybe me failing chemistry is because my stupid little mistakes are worth more?

Does this logic check out AN?
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
Re: Because practise exams are out of less does it effect your score?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 08:51:09 pm »
I know I have 3 days left but whatever I feel hopeless for this subject. Whenever the exam is so irrelevant that it’s out of 96 ish marks I can never get past 70% however if it’s out of more than 100 I usually g ET 75% so does that mean in the real one I’m likely to get 80% because losing one mark will mean less overall?

I was doing well in the lessened exams for other subjects but someone told me it doenst count because less questions. So I’m hoping maybe me failing chemistry is because my stupid little mistakes are worth more?

Does this logic check out AN?
Sounds like your logic is correct. I'm assuming the subject you're referring to is Chem; good luck and do your best! - from a student who dropped it before the first 3/4 SAC... :)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
Re: Because practise exams are out of less does it effect your score?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 09:07:15 pm »
The whole premise of the question boils down to whether lost marks are a consistent proportion of the total marks. If there is a "fixed amount" of marks you would lose than higher total marks = higher grade. If the marks lost are a consistent proportion then higher total marks = same grade.

Your logic check makes sense but most importantly have hope and do what you can :)