Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 03:14:44 pm

Author Topic: How do you write a speech compared to an essay? (TS Eliot)  (Read 1102 times)

Kekemato_BAP

• Forum Regular
  • Keep calm and study more
  • Respect: 0
I have this assessment question:
"Discuss the interesting ways powerful ideas are explored in two poems."

How exactly do I begin a speech or structure it compared to an essay?
I've been told to avoid long sentences but am confused on what that means since I always talk in long sentences in real life. The teacher also recommended I start with something engaging like a rhetoric in the intro and some of the body paragraphs.

Could someone provide an example to how speech sentences are structured? And how so should go by addressing the question. Thanks!!
Hello

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +28
Re: How do you write a speech compared to an essay? (TS Eliot)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:20:17 pm »
+1
I have this assessment question:
"Discuss the interesting ways powerful ideas are explored in two poems."

How exactly do I begin a speech or structure it compared to an essay?
I've been told to avoid long sentences but am confused on what that means since I always talk in long sentences in real life. The teacher also recommended I start with something engaging like a rhetoric in the intro and some of the body paragraphs.

Could someone provide an example to how speech sentences are structured? And how so should go by addressing the question. Thanks!!

Hey there!

You'd best be off writing a draft and then seeing how practical it is to speak the content. Since you're writing the script, then you'll be able to do the speech in a style that is natural to you - making it both easier to remember and understand for others (hopefully). Work on your ideas and a way to clearly express them, then you should be able to tweak a few things and get some feedback if you choose to post it on here :)