Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 11, 2024, 08:28:43 am

Author Topic: Tips for 10 mark evaluate questions.  (Read 4672 times)  Share 

ooft

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Tips for 10 mark evaluate questions.
« on: August 15, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »
+1
So i've noticed that when i'm doing SACs/Practice SACs, I tend to always spend way too much time on the final 10 or so mark question. This means that i am left with very little time to do the rest of the SAC. Does anyone know any tips to effectively answer these questions quickly but also get full marks? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
Re: Tips for 10 mark evaluate questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 11:26:41 pm »
+1
So i've noticed that when i'm doing SACs/Practice SACs, I tend to always spend way too much time on the final 10 or so mark question. This means that i am left with very little time to do the rest of the SAC. Does anyone know any tips to effectively answer these questions quickly but also get full marks? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

No tips. The 10-marker will be, by far, the hardest one to get full marks on in the exam. Bang through the rest of the paper, being concise and relevant to the question asked, and then try to leave 20 mins or more for the 10-marker. You'll need as much time as you can get.
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!

chantelle.salisbury

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:53:50 pm »

it may be more effective to answer the lesser mark questions first; nail them (of course leaving 25mins for the 10marker). but this will gain you most of the marks... i dont know about you but our sacs are normally 25 or 40 so if you add it up the getting full marks on the 10marker may be to the detriment of the rest of the paper.
i always do the questions that are the ones which i understand the most first. so this means that i dont loose 'easy' marks even if i do loose 1 2 marks on the 10marker...
hope this helps... in the end it is what works for you! :)

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 09:59:42 pm »

Evaluate is one of the major task words (many others here) >>https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=171796.msg956017#msg956017

TO evaluate, means to put forward points that are against and for the statement (or whatever it is). 

In the case of Legal studies, an question may be "Evaluate this law and it's impact on so and so"...what would be do???
- What is this law?
- Some pros?
- SOme cons?
- Conclusion.