Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 03:08:21 am

Author Topic: HSC Class of 2020 Discussion Thread  (Read 2301 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
HSC Class of 2020 Discussion Thread
« on: November 26, 2018, 04:44:47 pm »
+7
Okay team, who here is representing the #Classof2020?

How are you finding school atm? Introduce yourselves below! :D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

PeriPeri101

• Trailblazer
  • dramatic at heart
  • Respect: +25
Re: HSC Class of 2020 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:13:17 pm »
+7
 Hi! New user here  ;D
Yearly exams are all finally done and I was rewarded with awesome results thanks to study.
I just got moved into my Year 11 Mathematics Advanced class to make sure every class is appropriate for each individual. It has been a challenging so far, as I have been moved up. Generally my old class would all be doing standard but I am doing advanced. Hopefully my tutoring will pay off and I will be able to go well. Currently sticking to being under the radar.   8) 8)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:16:00 pm by PeriPeri101 »
subjects - year 12 2020: Biology - Society and Culture - Drama - Advanced Mathematics - Advanced English - Studies of Religion

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:30:19 pm »
+3
Hi! New user here  ;D
Yearly exams are all finally done and I was rewarded with awesome results thanks to study.
I just got moved into my Year 11 Mathematics Advanced class to make sure every class is appropriate for each individual. It has been a challenging so far, as I have been moved up. Generally my old class would all be doing standard but I am doing advanced. Hopefully my tutoring will pay off and I will be able to go well. Currently sticking to being under the radar.   8) 8)

Welcome! And go you! Amazing job working hard to achieve a goal - You've set yourself up nicely for Year 11! Good luck - Keen to see you around the site ;D

Ang-gi Wang

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 06:04:40 pm »
+1
Okay team, who here is representing the #Classof2020?

How are you finding school atm? Introduce yourselves below! :D

Hi My name is Ang-gi Wang. I'm 17. I was born in Korea and lived in Ukraine. My exams were not so bad and not amazing (A-C) By the way I drop most that subjects, cause my new subjects will be harder and easy at same time.
For next year I'm doing a
Maths Standard 2 wanted to do take Advance , but Principal said that it is to much .
English ESL
Biology
Chemistry
Business Study
Information and Digital Tech.
Russian Continuers
Korean in Context.
My Principal said that I will be in the hell and I will need drop at list 2 subjects.
SO that is me. Nice to meet you!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 11:02:43 pm by jamonwindeyer »

Ang-gi Wang

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 06:10:44 pm »
Hi! New user here  ;D
Lucky all in my class r doing Extension 1 or 2 and I must doing Standard 2 because I took to much subjects

fkeywood

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 05:15:56 pm »
+1
Hi My name is Ang-gi Wang. I'm 17. I was born in Korea and lived in Ukraine. My exams were not so bad and not amazing (A-C) By the way I drop most that subjects, cause my new subjects will be harder and easy at same time.
For next year I'm doing a
Maths Standard 2 wanted to do take Advance , but Principal said that it is to much .
English ESL
Biology
Chemistry
Business Study
Information and Digital Tech.
Russian Continuers
Korean in Context.
My Principal said that I will be in the hell and I will need drop at list 2 subjects.
SO that is me. Nice to meet you!

Why did you decide to do so many subjects? What are you looking to do after school?

I had a hard time choosing my subjects because I have so many passions in different areas. Personally I wanted to do more than 14 units but I've ended up with 12 because I really sat down and narrowed by focusing on what I want to do in the future. I also choose against subjects with major works because I am doing Chem and Bio along with extension maths. And those subjects will take majority of my time.

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • HSC Moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 06:44:42 pm »
+4
Yo, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is going with trials. Only 2 more days til term 3, and it's just hitting me how short time really is. English especially, I feel so under prepared for essay writing on the spot. Curious to hear how everyone else is finding things.
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора

Viktoriak_

• MOTM: AUG 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 11:24:19 am »
+4
it's just hitting me how short time really is
I'm basically in the same boat - school starts tomorrow. Study leave starts the week after --> and TRIALS. It really is time to crack down now...
HSC '19: IPT
HSC '20: chem, phys, maths 3U, eng adv.

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 10:15:10 pm »
+5
Getting pretty bogged down recently (as everyone is most likely) because of Trials. I agree with everyone; time is just flying by faster and faster! I can't believe we're graduating at the end of this term :(
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension