Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:43:48 am

Author Topic: Can someone determine my chance of getting into the bachelor of science??  (Read 836 times)  Share 

ndog232

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
G'day,

So yesterday I received an atar of 74.7 and I qualify for the monash guarantee (missed by 0.3 :P). Anyway, using Monash's subject adjustment calculator I got 8 additional aggregate points, this changed my selection rank from 74.7 to 80.1 according to this calculator I used https://www.monash.edu/science/subject-adjustment . So, what are my chances here because I am lost, using this new selection rank I am above the 10 atar point limit (above 75) and without this adjustment I am below the limit (below 75), will they make these adjustments and then consider me or will they simply see the 74 and not even consider it. If anyone has been in a similar situation to me please shed some light and help me out :)

Thanks

Skittles99

• Adventurer
  • Love to help out where I can.
  • Respect: +8
+2
Hey ndog232,

Congratulations on finishing Year 12! :)

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the Monash Guarantee is not inclusive of any SEAS adjustments and it is only for your ATAR.
So your ATAR of 74.7 will most likely not suffice, as you need a 75 ATAR (not Selection Rank) or above to get in to your course through the Monash Guarantee.
So, pretty much your additional aggregate points are not considered for the Monash Guarantee.

They will accept other students eligible for the Monash Guarantee with 75+ ATARs.
But don't let this worry you, Monash may make exceptions this year and accept lower Selection Ranks due to lack of international students (2020's Lowest Selection Rank for BSc was 85).

I hope I was able to help, please let me know if you have any more questions :)

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to include some things.

1. Don't change around your preferences if you are worried, you never know what can happen. Many events of this year have been unexpected!

2. If you don't make it into BSc, there are a million other pathways! Check out this link:
https://www.monash.edu/science/future-students/pathways/pathways-in-to-science

The Diploma of Higher Education can be completed in a year at the Clayton Campus. You can complete the science stream which will lead you into second year of BSc at Monash, if you maintain an average over 60% and pass all units :)

I wish you all the best  ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 04:33:36 pm by Skittles99 »
2019-2023: Monash University

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Most years Monash requires a 75 to get into bachelor of science, but this year due to lack of international students and Covid I think you would have a shot. Don't worry if you don't get in there is always multiple universities to choose from, congrats on finishing year 12.