Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 11:41:40 am

Author Topic: Applying for uni  (Read 1216 times)  Share 

pugs

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
Applying for uni
« on: October 11, 2019, 05:31:18 pm »
first off, sorry if this is in the wrong category!

just wondering, do you need references for applying to uni in general? i'm applying to monash (eng/commerce/sci those kind of courses) and i'm just wondering if we need references on our testimonials or something?? i can't remember our teachers saying anything about it, and i'm confused as to whether or not teacher references are a necessity

if someone would be able to explain this process it'd be amazing, thank you!

2019 vce journal here

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: Applying for uni
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 05:38:58 pm »
+3

just wondering, do you need references for applying to uni in general? i'm applying to monash (eng/commerce/sci those kind of courses) and i'm just wondering if we need references on our testimonials or something?? i can't remember our teachers saying anything about it, and i'm confused as to whether or not teacher references are a necessity

Hey,
Pretty sure you won't need any references unless your applying for a scholarship or your course specifically asks for one. I think you would just need to apply through VTAC for the courses you are interested in.

Hope this helps!! :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 05:43:14 pm »
+3
I think this is more of a VTAC question, as they’re the middlemen who do uni applications. I’m happy to move it across for you. Thanks for the warning! :)

As a Victorian, you don’t have to have any teacher references! Well... unless you’re applying to UAC for NSW uni scholarships or you’re specifically applying for scholarships or courses for a Victorian uni that requires one, which I’m not aware of any off the top of my head.

Would be good to get teacher references for a resume/CV though, when you’re applying for a job, if you got already got them.

Note: Got beaten by katie,rinos, but will leave here anyway.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

pugs

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 05:54:01 pm »
Hey,
Pretty sure you won't need any references unless your applying for a scholarship or your course specifically asks for one. I think you would just need to apply through VTAC for the courses you are interested in.

Hope this helps!! :)
Thank you so much for the quick response!

For scholarships, you probably wouldn't need a reference for academic/leadership scholarship apps right?

2019 vce journal here

pugs

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 05:55:02 pm »
I think this is more of a VTAC question, as they’re the middlemen who do uni applications. I’m happy to move it across for you. Thanks for the warning! :)
 As a Victorian, you don’t have to have any teacher references! Well... unless you’re applying to UAC for NSW uni scholarships or you’re specifically applying for scholarships or courses for a Victorian uni that requires one, which I’m not aware of any off the top of my head.

Would be good to get teacher references for a resume/CV though, when you’re applying for a job, if you got already got them.

Note: Got beaten by katie,rinos, but will leave here anyway.
sorry my bad! that'd be great, thank you!

oo that's true, thank you for the response!

2019 vce journal here

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 06:25:41 pm »
+1
As a sidenote,  if you're interested in commerce & science working together that's basically what 2nd year of my course is. In general,  it's focused on applying science to the "real world" so yeah. I can guarantee that references aren't required for that :)