Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:06:02 am

Author Topic: Legal Resources for 2018 Study Design  (Read 2303 times)  Share 

dsabeta

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Legal Resources for 2018 Study Design
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:33:10 pm »
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where I can find any Legal 3/4 resources for the new 2018 study design? So far I only really have checkpoints, A+ exams, and TSSM's teach yourself series.
If anyone has done some hunting and found any resources that could potentially be useful, I would greatly appreciate it!!
2017: Psychology |
2018: English | BusMan | Legal | HHD |  Revolutions |
2019: Bachelor of Law/Criminology @ LaTrobe

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
Re: Legal Resources for 2018 Study Design
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 04:36:49 pm »
+1
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where I can find any Legal 3/4 resources for the new 2018 study design? So far I only really have checkpoints, A+ exams, and TSSM's teach yourself series.
If anyone has done some hunting and found any resources that could potentially be useful, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Hi there!
Realistically (and fortunately), you don't need a heap of resources. However, I personally found it really helpful to have a summary notes book to use alongside my textbook. This, alongside something like Checkpoints which has practice exam questions should suffice :)
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

abbeyrose

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 08:09:00 pm »
+1
Whilst I can't speak on the editions that suit the new study design, I used the A+ Notes and Checkpoints consistently throughout the year and found them to be the most reliable resources (this is comparing them to other study guides I owned). I used the A+ Notes to solidify my understanding on each area of study and, personally, think they provided the best summaries without skimping on the essential information. For the Checkpoints, whilst I did find them useful to consolidate my knowledge prior to SACs, I tended to only do the questions taken from past VCAA exams. However, considering it's a new study design and there is a subsequent lack of past examinations, I think that the questions in Checkpoints and also the A+ Notes would be particularly handy. Aside from the resources you've already mentioned, I don't see you at a disadvantage from not having any others. :)

Of course, don't forget to look at the notes on here as well! Whilst they may be tailored to the previous study designs and hence may contain some irrelevant material, you're likely to find some overlap. Furthermore, if you search 'vce legal' or the like on YouTube or have a look at websites such as the courts' and Parliament's websites and this, you're likely to find some supplementary information too. With some googling, last year I found a full PDF of the Constitution (which excited me a lot more than it should have lol).
2016-2017 (VCE): English, Legal Studies, Further Maths, HHD, Psychology, History: Global Empires
2019-: Monash University

dsabeta

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 03:24:45 pm »
Hi there!
Realistically (and fortunately), you don't need a heap of resources. However, I personally found it really helpful to have a summary notes book to use alongside my textbook. This, alongside something like Checkpoints which has practice exam questions should suffice :)

Great - thank you for your response!

dsabeta

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:26:46 pm »
+1
Whilst I can't speak on the editions that suit the new study design, I used the A+ Notes and Checkpoints consistently throughout the year and found them to be the most reliable resources (this is comparing them to other study guides I owned). I used the A+ Notes to solidify my understanding on each area of study and, personally, think they provided the best summaries without skimping on the essential information. For the Checkpoints, whilst I did find them useful to consolidate my knowledge prior to SACs, I tended to only do the questions taken from past VCAA exams. However, considering it's a new study design and there is a subsequent lack of past examinations, I think that the questions in Checkpoints and also the A+ Notes would be particularly handy. Aside from the resources you've already mentioned, I don't see you at a disadvantage from not having any others. :)

Of course, don't forget to look at the notes on here as well! Whilst they may be tailored to the previous study designs and hence may contain some irrelevant material, you're likely to find some overlap. Furthermore, if you search 'vce legal' or the like on YouTube or have a look at websites such as the courts' and Parliament's websites and this, you're likely to find some supplementary information too. With some googling, last year I found a full PDF of the Constitution (which excited me a lot more than it should have lol).
Thanks for your reply!
I've purchased the A+ exams, however you're making me consider purchasing the A+ notes too :p
As for finding the PDF of the Constitution, I think that definitely would have excited me too- going to look for it now actually hahaha!

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 03:55:40 pm »
+1
I loathe self-promotion, but I do a Study Guide for a company called CPAP, and I think I do a pretty decent job. It's like a textbook-in-brief, with practice exam questions and sample answers and things. Just letting you know!
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!