Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:53:30 am

Author Topic: Where is your class up to in Psych ?  (Read 1695 times)  Share 

psychlaw

Where is your class up to in Psych ?
« on: April 06, 2008, 09:22:38 pm »
WE just finished Visual Perception just before the holidays (around march 24th?)
My teacher really rushed through it .... I didn't really understand much, but now that I've made my own notes I'm starting to get it more
I got plenty of time though to study more, cause the SAC is in like 4 weeks (ERA im screwed for that)

Where is everyone else up to?

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
Re: Where is your class up to in Psych ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:37:18 pm »
wow we just started visual perception today. And we got our 1st sac on the brain and nervous system on Wednesday. Your teacher is going far too quick. Thats why you are not understanding much. All our class are going really well though everyone understands each concept clearly. My teacher thinks im going to get a perfect score for my SAC so im hoping that too lol.

daniel99

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 06:01:12 pm »
WE just finished Visual Perception just before the holidays (around march 24th?)
My teacher really rushed through it .... I didn't really understand much, but now that I've made my own notes I'm starting to get it more
I got plenty of time though to study more, cause the SAC is in like 4 weeks (ERA im screwed for that)

Where is everyone else up to?

My class did visual perception first and we finished that in the first term and now we are doing brain and the nervous system, chapter 2. I thought that visual was really easy, but I think the brain is harder. Visual perception is hard o grasp at first, but in the end you'll understand it, i think.

Did you complete chapter 2 first and now you have done visual perception aswell? Or is your course outline like mine and you havent done chapter 2 yet?

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:43 pm »
umm i use the heinemann book. The first chapter we did was research methods. Then chapters 2-4 brain and nervous system.
We are now starting chap 5 (visual perception).
And our sac is only on the brain and nervous sytem

daniel99

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 07:25:36 pm »
lol why are you so far ahead? so then you have states of consciousness and then sleep, then your finished? :S lol what will you do for the rest of the term?

psychlaw

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:01:01 pm »
lol why are you so far ahead? so then you have states of consciousness and then sleep, then your finished? :S lol what will you do for the rest of the term?
probably study for the exam... lol
States of Consciousness and Sleep are the same area of study

This is the order my school is doing it in

(1) AOS 1 = Brain and Nervous System (including brain, brain research methods, nervous system, stress, arousal etc etc)

(2) AOS 2 = Visual Perception

(3) AOS 3 = States of Con (including sleep)

misskaraleah

• Journalist Extraordinnaire
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I believe impossible is possible to overcome
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 03:56:46 pm »
I personally think my class is going too slow. We just started Visual Perception and as i read ahead, my teacher skips important aspects of the course we need to know and when she does teach, nobody understands, so i really do not like my psych class.

But i get it. I think im just going to go ahead and start reviewing 7 weeks before the exam.

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 04:28:53 pm »
I personally think my class is going too slow. We just started Visual Perception and as i read ahead, my teacher skips important aspects of the course we need to know and when she does teach, nobody understands, so i really do not like my psych class.

You might be a little bit behind schedule, but I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. Last year my class finished learning the content by mid May which allowed more than enough time to revise for the exam. You will find that States of Consciousness is the least complex area of study and can be taught fairly quickly.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne