Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 02:45:16 am

Author Topic: VCE French & German Tutoring  (Read 1845 times)  Share 

amyhere

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
VCE French & German Tutoring
« on: September 15, 2016, 10:36:33 pm »
Hi, I'm Amy!  I'm a 2014 graduate who's been tutoring students of French and German since.

At the age of 15, I knew nearly no French.  By the time I was finished with school, I could truly speak and use French and I received a study score of 44 (->51!), a perfect mark on the oral exam and Dux of French, which then contributed to becoming Dux of my school.  But the benefits didn't stop there.

In 2015 I spent 6 months beginning to learn German while working in my home town, before moving to Austria to continue learning German.  Within 6 months I went from a low level to passing the exam required to study a program in German at the University of Vienna, where I then studied English/German/French Translation and Interpreting.  During this time, I was even offered a scholarship to attend the Polyglot Conference in Berlin, 4 days of presentations about all things language learning, language teaching and translation/interpreting.

The advice that you shouldn't pick a language just because it scales well is sound, but at the same time I believe that with the right tools and motivation, anyone can learn a language, and I hope to be able to help you with that.

You can read more about my language learning philosophy and strategies here:

Amy's guide to rocking a VCE language

I tutor French and German in the Central Victorian region and over Skype with students from across the state. I tutor both regular weekly students throughout the year, and specific exam preparation and practise oral exams in the lead-up to the exam period.
I also plan on running an oral exam preparation afternoon in Melbourne in early October, as well as a year 12 preparation day focussing on oral skills in Melbourne in January.  I may also run these in Bendigo depending on demand.
I have a current WWC and Police Check.
I currently charge $50 per hour and I'm willing to negociate for students looking for tutoring more than once a week.

Please message me on Facebook, or send me an e-mail at [email protected] for more information or to organise a first session.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:13:42 pm by amyhere »
2013: Biology
2014: Chemistry | French | Methods | Further | Lang | ATAR: 99.50
2016: Bachelorstudium Transkulturelle Kommunikation @ Universität Wien
2017: PhB (Science) @ ANU

Amy's guide to rocking a VCE language

I offer French and German tutoring in Central Victoria & over Skype, more information here:
VCE French & German Tutoring