Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 03:15:07 am

Author Topic: Can any 40+ students give me a general idea of what I have to include in answers  (Read 1735 times)  Share 

thatrandomkid

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Mordy
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Hi guys,

I know pretty much all the content but am struggling on how to answer the questions. How much detail should I need to go into? How much is not enough?

For example, A number of characteristics are used to describe large-scale organisations. Other than the characteristic mentioned above, identify and justify three appropriate characteristics that you would use to identify a large-scale organisation. Provide an example of an organisation with these characteristics.

Would I just have to list the org + reason?

Eg -

ANZ Bank employs well over 200 employees, therefore can be classified as a large scale organisation?

Any example answers would be appreciated, thanks

Echoes

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Hi! I scored a 42 in Business Management last year.
The main thing to focus on when thinking about what to include in the answer is the task words and mark allocation. In the example you've given, the task words would be identify, justify, and include an example.
Depending on the mark allocation, you will have to decide what information is more relevant to include - you would need more detail in a six mark question than a three mark question.

For your sample question, I would personally complete it in the order it's given - identify the characteristic, then justify, then give an example that supports what you have already stated. (justify seems a bit of an unusual task word for the question?), in the sample you've given, you're too heavily relying on the example you've given (not worth multiple marks). With identify questions, my advice would be to make it clear and concise at the start of your answer and then go into detail for whatever other task words there are, and finally support with an example where possible/necessary.

Hope this helps! Good luck :)

thatrandomkid

• Adventurer
  • School: Mordy
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Yeah it does, thanks!

CoadSt

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Ararat
can u give an example of what you would put then for that question?

laurajanekelly

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Flinders College Carrum Downs
Hey I know it's a late response but I just saw this and thought this would help. My teacher gave it to me for business and it's helped me heaps! :)