Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

August 21, 2019, 02:49:49 am

Author Topic: Exam 2 Answer Thread  (Read 6368 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ahmad

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1296
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 02:09:31 pm »
0
Quote from: "avogarbro"
Ahmad, your answers look similar to mine. (but im not certain) i remember considering a voltage drop in my power line question.

Vdrop was like 4 *.5 = 2 V drop across the power lines wasn't it?


Yeah that's what I got, didn't I?  :? lol
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.


maxleng

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 285
  • Respect: 0
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 02:15:01 pm »
0
Quote from: "mtyp"
what was the answer to the induced current thing? about current flowing momentarily/continuously from X to Y / Y to X?


i chose B,

it was either A or B becuase it wasnt continuous

Ahmad

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1296
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 02:15:49 pm »
0
I chose B too.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.


mtyp

  • Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Respect: 0
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 02:19:38 pm »
0
phew!! there's another question about 2000 A, 2 m and some value of magnetic field, i got a magnitude of 1.6 N, how about the direction? and for one of the multiple choice questions on light and matter, where the slit width increased, what was the answer for that?

melodrama

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 226
  • Respect: +1
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 02:20:28 pm »
0
:(:(:( STUPID NEAP. it's not fair; i would have done it ahmad's way if it weren't for neap convincing me otherwise. -4 marks for that then. GAHHH.

English 45  Chemistry 45  Specialist 45  Physics 44  Chinese 40  Methods 44  ->  ENTER 99.75

Ahmad

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1296
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 02:21:28 pm »
0
Cheer up mel. You'll probably get some consequential marks.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.


Ahmad

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1296
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 02:22:10 pm »
0
Quote from: "mtyp"
phew!! there's another question about 2000 A, 2 m and some value of magnetic field, i got a magnitude of 1.6 N, how about the direction? and for one of the multiple choice questions on light and matter, where the slit width increased, what was the answer for that?


The general consensus is B.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.


avogarbro

  • Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 53
  • Respect: +1
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 02:23:32 pm »
0
To ensure that we do well in our remaining exams is it best to forget about the exams that have finished? Since discussing about physics will make some people frustrated (more so if you are high achiever). I believe the best option is to think positively say to yourself that the exam is finished and move on (Although the temptation to know how much you got right is too tempting for    most)

Ahmad

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1296
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 02:25:36 pm »
0
Well, I don't think it's right to brood over your mistakes for too long, although it's natural to to some extent.

I'm slightly disheartened, but if we all brood for too long we'll not be able to focus on chemistry and specialist. Haha  8)
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.


kaney1234

  • Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Respect: 0
Answers
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 02:37:53 pm »
0
Here are my answers:
Area of Study 1: 3. 1.6 up
4. B
6. 5*10^-3
7. 30 V
8. 12.5 hz
9. 56.57V
10. C
11. i) 2.5 A, ii)10v, iii)2v
12. i) 6, ii)5, iii)5
14. B
AOS2 - light
1.2.1
2. 0.9
3. particle
4. 1985ms-1
5. Yes diffraction the gap is in the same order as the debogle wavelength
6. B
7. 2.86
8. n=6 to n=2
10. i) wrote broad spectrum. but explained that it is a continuous spectrum. any chance of a mark?

Sound-
2. 3.4 m (did you just have to assume sound traveled at 340ms
3. 170 hz
5. D
8. 1*10^-6
9.C
10. B

think pretty well overall. If I dropped two in midyear and like two today and being top ranked in our sacs what score will i be looking at?

Galelleo

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 405
  • Respect: 0
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 02:56:06 pm »
0
Quote from: "Spirited Sloth"

2.5 A, 11 V, 2.2 V, 6W, 5.5W, 5.5W



thats wrong, it was 5w 5w... only 10v got past the power lines because their total resistance was 4 ohms.

Quote from: "Ahmad"
I found that one tricky, but ended up putting B.


I do too... you increase gap width, you decrease the fringe spacing.

Quote from: "Ahmad"
For hydrogen question:

* Hydrogen is in space between Sun and Earth.
* As light passes through them some wavelengths corresponding to difference in energy levels are absorbed.
* Hence the other wavelengths are passed through.
* Note resemblance between emission spectrum of hydrogen and absorption.

Something on the lines of that, I wrote more.. but can't remember.


I said... "We can see from hte hydrogen emission spectra that hydrogen atoms have energy elvels at (the given wavelengths) ... the suns absorption spectra shows gaps in the same wavelength, so we cna safely assume that the photons of that energy are absorbed by the hydrogen on/around the sun.

Quote from: "___"
im pretty sure anywhere between 0.9 - 1.1 will be accepted..

i personally put 1.0


I doubt theyll take .9 or 1.1

you got 1.1 if you used plancks constant, and the question specifically said FROM THE GRAPH... and the graph was pretty bovious that 7.5 lined up with 1.

Quote from: "kaney1234"

5. Yes diffraction the gap is in the same order as the debogle wavelength

2. 3.4 m (did you just have to assume sound traveled at 340ms


The diffraction ratios was 2/3, You had to say that there would be some diffraction but not as significant.


It told you at the top that sound was 340.
Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Light a man ON fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.


boulos90

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 19
  • Respect: 0
Re: Answers
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 02:58:33 pm »
0
Quote from: "kaney1234"
Here are my answers:
Area of Study 1: 3. 1.6 up
4. B
6. 5*10^-3
7. 30 V
8. 12.5 hz
9. 56.57V
10. C
11. i) 2.5 A, ii)10v, iii)2v
12. i) 6, ii)5, iii)5
14. B
AOS2 - light
1.2.1
2. 0.9
3. particle
4. 1985ms-1
5. Yes diffraction the gap is in the same order as the debogle wavelength
6. B
7. 2.86
8. n=6 to n=2
10. i) wrote broad spectrum. but explained that it is a continuous spectrum. any chance of a mark?

Sound-
2. 3.4 m (did you just have to assume sound traveled at 340ms
3. 170 hz
5. D
8. 1*10^-6
9.C
10. B

think pretty well overall. If I dropped two in midyear and like two today and being top ranked in our sacs what score will i be looking at?


47-48 raw i would think

maxleng

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 285
  • Respect: 0
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 02:59:35 pm »
0
if your graph was drawn accurately 7.5x10^14 Hz lined up just below 1 ie .9

Galelleo

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 405
  • Respect: 0
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 03:01:19 pm »
0
mine hit the middle. Mabe the important thing was not to show calculations, (i did it, then crossed all my workings out ) lol
Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Light a man ON fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.


abcat

  • Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 99
  • Respect: +1
Exam 2 Answer Thread
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 03:24:24 pm »
0
Quote from: "Galelleo"

Quote from: "Ahmad"
For hydrogen question:

* Hydrogen is in space between Sun and Earth.
* As light passes through them some wavelengths corresponding to difference in energy levels are absorbed.
* Hence the other wavelengths are passed through.
* Note resemblance between emission spectrum of hydrogen and absorption.

Something on the lines of that, I wrote more.. but can't remember.


I said... "We can see from hte hydrogen emission spectra that hydrogen atoms have energy elvels at (the given wavelengths) ... the suns absorption spectra shows gaps in the same wavelength, so we cna safely assume that the photons of that energy are absorbed by the hydrogen on/around the sun.


I wrote something very similar, but I didn't actually understand/believe it. It seemed the logical answer but I can't really get my head around it

If photons with that energy were absorbed by the Hydrogen, why did they show up as bright spots on the Hydrogen emission spectra?

The mercury vapour questions threw me a fair bit, I think I wrote that they give off mainly in the Ultra-Violet range. As for how the light is created I think I just took a wild stab heheh.