Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 08:36:28 pm

Author Topic: Whats the Rel between Vic Parl, and VLRC?  (Read 3789 times)  Share 

MrIraq

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Whats the Rel between Vic Parl, and VLRC?
« on: February 22, 2011, 08:39:18 pm »
 Whats the Rel between Vic Parl, and VLRC??

"Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company (friendship)." - Ali (AS)

One person burns him self in Tunisia, Changes the whole of the middle East, Revolutions everywhere.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
Re: Whats the Rel between Vic Parl, and VLRC?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:55:09 pm »
I assume when you say "Rel" you mean the relationship between the Victorian Parliament and the VLRC. The VLRC produces a report making recommendations for possible changes in the law (in a certain area), after going through a rigorous process - surveys, interviews, discussion papers etc; this report is then tabled in the Victorian Parliament for debate. Parliament can either accept the findings in the report and pass the recommendations or conversely, reject the recommendations.

MrIraq

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »
I assume when you say "Rel" you mean the relationship between the Victorian Parliament and the VLRC. The VLRC produces a report making recommendations for possible changes in the law (in a certain area), after going through a rigorous process - surveys, interviews, discussion papers etc; this report is then tabled in the Victorian Parliament for debate. Parliament can either accept the findings in the report and pass the recommendations or conversely, reject the recommendations.

Ohh thanks man :), I already knew that, but u just refreshed it :D
"Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company (friendship)." - Ali (AS)

One person burns him self in Tunisia, Changes the whole of the middle East, Revolutions everywhere.

gs

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 08:11:00 pm »
Ohh thanks man :), I already knew that, but u just refreshed it :D

'I already knew that,...' LOL

In 'simple' form:
VLRC - Recommends changes to laws to the VIC Parl
Vic Parliament - Makes Laws, can either accept/decline recommendations
Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Business
'VU Achievement Scholarship' recipient

gs

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 08:12:07 pm »
Btw, don't you already have a 'Help me with my hw' thread? Why not put this question in there? Extra important?
Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Business
'VU Achievement Scholarship' recipient

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:52:19 pm »
Also, just to add to the above posts, the Vic Government (through the Attorney General) is usualy required to prompt the VLRC to make a report unless it's about a very minor issue or just preliminary findings. So the VLRC is not free to simply do as they choose and present whatever reports they think are needed (like a truly independant body would be).
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)

Darren

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 09:47:48 pm »
Ty EPL. I was relatively confused about the very existence of the VLRC when parliament existed too.. that cleared it a bit up.