Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:15:10 pm

Author Topic: introduction to management or principles of accounting and finance AFC1000  (Read 8861 times)  Share 

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
Re: introduction to management or principles of accounting and finance AFC1000
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 11:13:50 pm »
Don't do Intro to Management unless you want to write a 1000 word essay worth 10%, a 3000 word essay worth 30% and memorise up to about 10 essays (they will be given out in lectures as fyrefly said), 6 of which you will have to write up in a 2 hour exam (50%) :P

I'll be taking MKC1200 this semester, so we could end up in the same tute :P
I'll be doing marketing too, but i'm not really looking forward to writing more essays in the exam :(

god damn, a lot of writing for a non arts subject :(
i seem to be leaning toward marketing now
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 11:17:03 pm »
i think ive decided on doing AFC1000 in one semester then either MGC1010 or MKC1200 the next, then ill decide on what i want to continue
just so i know from a current bcom student, can i do this?
and what do u actually do in MKC1200? care to elaborate?

Well, for BEc, you have 12 electives right...
8 open electives, and 4 from a complimentary discipline.

You will be able to do AFC1000 in one semester and MKC1200 the next with no problems, because you will still have 10 electives left and you only need 8 units to make up a major (if you wish to double-major, that is). It simply rules out the possibility of you doing 2 majors and a minor which, personally, I think is a bit of overkill anywayz.

http://monash.edu.au/pubs/handbooks/courses/0023.html
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 11:21:46 pm »
i think ive decided on doing AFC1000 in one semester then either MGC1010 or MKC1200 the next, then ill decide on what i want to continue

You will be able to do AFC1000 in one semester and MKC1200 the next with no problems, because you will still have 10 electives left and you only need 8 units to make up a major (if you wish to double-major, that is). It simply rules out the possibility of you doing 2 majors and a minor which, personally, I think is a bit of overkill anywayz.

is it possible to do a double major + dip lang?.....bcos thats my aim tbh :P
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 11:21:53 pm »
Don't do Intro to Management unless you want to write a 1000 word essay worth 10%, a 3000 word essay worth 30% and memorise up to about 10 essays (they will be given out in lectures as fyrefly said), 6 of which you will have to write up in a 2 hour exam (50%) :P

I'll be doing marketing too, but i'm not really looking forward to writing more essays in the exam :(

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that about MGC1010 XD
I can't speak for the MKC1200 exam since I haven't sat it yet, but business law and management are the most writing-intensive exams from all the core units. Like Roxxii said... management exam is 6 essays in 2 hours... and you thought VCE English was bad.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:32:18 pm by Fyrefly »

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 11:25:39 pm »

is it possible to do a double major + dip lang?.....bcos thats my aim tbh :P

Yeah, that'll be fine... you've 12 electives and you only need 8 for a major.
Doing AFC1000 and MKC1200 will leave 10 electives left, so even if you don't major in either of those areas you still have more than enough space to double-major.

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 11:32:03 pm »

I can't speak for the MKC1200 exam since I haven't sat it yet, but business law and management are the most writing-intensive exams from all the core units. Like Roxxii said... 6 essays in 2 hours... and you thought VCE English was bad.

wtf, 3 essays an hour :(

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 11:39:59 pm »

I can't speak for the MKC1200 exam since I haven't sat it yet, but business law and management are the most writing-intensive exams from all the core units. Like Roxxii said... 6 essays in 2 hours... and you thought VCE English was bad.

Mmm... I actually HD'd the exam, but I screwed up the 3000 word essay during semester that was worth 30%, so I only ended up with a D overall.

I so very nearly finished that exam... I was onto the conclusion of my last essay when the invigilator said "pens down", so I ended up with a one-sentence conclusion that probably didn't make any sense, ha ha. My writing got progressively messier by the end, but whoever marked my work must have gone to a lot of effort to read it, because I'm sure I got a decent HD result for it.

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 11:48:58 pm »

Mmm... I actually HD'd the exam, but I screwed up the 3000 word essay during semester that was worth 30%, so I only ended up with a D overall.

I so very nearly finished that exam... I was onto the conclusion of my last essay when the invigilator said "pens down", so I ended up with a one-sentence conclusion that probably didn't make any sense, ha ha. My writing got progressively messier by the end, but whoever marked my work must have gone to a lot of effort to read it, because I'm sure I got a decent HD result for it.

good work,
tbh, i can write fairly quickly, but i have a habit of going on about nothing tho

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 12:07:19 am »

good work,
tbh, i can write fairly quickly, but i have a habit of going on about nothing tho

Ah, I'm the opposite... a bit slow but straight to the point.

I broke my right little finger a few years ago during a basketball game, and didn't see a doctor about it until a week later... by then the damage had been done.

It's crooked now, and it gets painful and cramps if I try to write for long periods of time (i.e. exams) since that's the finger that gets dragged along the page as I write... I used to have very good endurance and could usually go for most of an exam without the need to stop, but now I just have to accept this limitation. It totally screwed over my business law result... out of the 3 hours writing time, I was probably only writing for about 2 hours in total... the worst result and the only C on my transcript. Thus is life I spose, lol.

Edit: Got rid of all the chain-quoting, heh.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:12:19 am by Fyrefly »

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 12:43:02 am »

good work,

I broke my right little finger a few years ago during a basketball game, and didn't see a doctor about it until a week later... by then the damage had been done.

It's crooked now, and it gets painful and cramps if I try to write for long periods of time (i.e. exams) since that's the finger that gets dragged along the page as I write... I used to have very good endurance and could usually go for most of an exam without the need to stop, but now I just have to accept this limitation. It totally screwed over my business law result... out of the 3 hours writing time, I was probably only writing for about 2 hours in total... the worst result and the only C on my transcript. Thus is life I spose, lol.

sorry to hear that

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 12:55:00 am »

good work,

sorry to hear that

Eh, like I said... such is life.

Anywayz, I'll ask some second and third years about marketing when I get a chance... or you can just wait until the end of first semester so Roxxii and I can tell you allllll about it then.