Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:11 pm

Author Topic: clubs/societies  (Read 17891 times)  Share 

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
Re: clubs/societies
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 06:28:24 pm »
I can probably still count the number of anime I've watched (as in, more than a few episodes) on my fingers... haven't even started on my toes yet.

D:

I is disappoint =[

Ha ha... dw... I'm watching more atm... I finished Clannad last week... I'm going to start on Clannad AS soon enough.
I don't have time to watch anime during the year... only over summer do I have such a luxury XD
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

the.watchman

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 06:35:55 pm »
I'm going to start on Clannad AS soon enough.

Yay! Enjoy, it's great! :D
Remember, remember the 5th of November

2010 - MM CAS (47) - Cisco 1+2 (pass :P)
2011 - Eng - Phys - Chem - Spesh - Latin - UMAT
ATAR - 99.00+ plz... :)

Feel free to PM me for anything :D

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 09:36:59 pm »
I joined a few clubs/societies last year, some of which were good but others not so. It depends on what you're into.

I highly recommend joining MASS (Melbourne Arts Students Society), SSS (Science Students Society) and CSS (Commerce Students Society), which hold regular BBQ's with free beer and sausages. These BBQ's are definately good places to chill with friends in your spare time. By memory, I think they cost like $2 per society (I think the CSS is abit more expensive) or something so it's definately worth it and you usually get other discounts for pubs around uni too. Also they e-mail/txt you upcomming parties that are being organised which is handy if you want to go to them, because they generally sell out very quickly and knowing when/where tickets are being sold is good.
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 09:54:07 pm »
I joined a few clubs/societies last year, some of which were good but others not so. It depends on what you're into.

I highly recommend joining MASS (Melbourne Arts Students Society), SSS (Science Students Society) and CSS (Commerce Students Society), which hold regular BBQ's with free beer and sausages. These BBQ's are definately good places to chill with friends in your spare time. By memory, I think they cost like $2 per society (I think the CSS is abit more expensive) or something so it's definately worth it and you usually get other discounts for pubs around uni too. Also they e-mail/txt you upcomming parties that are being organised which is handy if you want to go to them, because they generally sell out very quickly and knowing when/where tickets are being sold is good.

do u need to be a student in their particular faculty to join or is it open to all?
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

squance

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 11:03:11 pm »

do u need to be a student in their particular faculty to join or is it open to all?

Its usually open to all.
Heck, I joined the Music Society last year and I was an engineering student :D

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +95
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 11:15:34 pm »

Its usually open to all.
Heck, I joined the Music Society last year and I was an engineering student :D
What happens in the Music Society?

I will join AA (AznAustralian Association) this year and maybe MUMS to gain some of Neobeo's Maths leetnezz :P
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

squance

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 11:20:27 pm »
LOL.
I didn't really participate in the Music Society :P :P

But they have regular BBQ's, Music Ball, Booze Cruise and other stuff that I can't remember.

I join heaps of clubs but I never go to the meetings because I usually can't be stuffed.

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 01:25:39 pm »

Definately not. Each one is open to all.
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 06:48:19 pm »

Get some tissues ready.
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

Interested in asset pricing, econometrics, and social choice theory.

the.watchman

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 06:51:16 pm »

Get some tissues ready.
Yep that's right! But the start isn't so tear-provoking :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 07:13:47 pm by the.watchman »
Remember, remember the 5th of November

2010 - MM CAS (47) - Cisco 1+2 (pass :P)
2011 - Eng - Phys - Chem - Spesh - Latin - UMAT
ATAR - 99.00+ plz... :)

Feel free to PM me for anything :D

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 11:14:02 pm »
lol your sig says your going to monash anyway
wouldnt they have something similar?
Nah MUMS is da bomb, there's no Ahmad/Neobeo at Monash :(

I joined MUMS and PSS but was not active in either. I'm going to be more active with MUMS since I know about Ahmad and Neobeo. Darn TT, I wish you were going to UoM :(.

Btw: When I grow up I want to be like Neobeo and Ahmad at maths. Lol.
2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

rustic_metal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 01:47:07 am »
Secular Society, Science Students Society and Uni Blues (and maybe touch rugby) for me. =)

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 11:39:13 am »
Secular Society, Science Students Society and Uni Blues (and maybe touch rugby) for me. =)

The secular society sounds interesting, I might join it.

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 11:43:24 am »
lol your sig says your going to monash anyway
wouldnt they have something similar?
Nah MUMS is da bomb, there's no Ahmad/Neobeo at Monash :(

the come to uom.....u know u want to :)
Nah, then I'd be forced to pick Commerce. :P

You could always do a B.Comm (Finance & economics) & Dip.Maths(Pure), which is 3.5 - 4 years.

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 11:49:22 am »

I don't know how active the physics society is, but they do issue some pretty sweet tshirts that you'll see around campus, my favourite being:

God said

I love that saying. Maxwell's equations are my favourite equations and this year I get to learn about how to solve them that way opposed to the integral version.