Login | Register
Enrol now for our new online tutoring program. Learn from the best tutors. Get amazing results. Learn more.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

January 16, 2021, 03:48:40 pm

Author Topic: HSC Advanced English January Lecture Thread  (Read 47 times)

BellaLN

• Adventurer
  • politics buff and doc martens enthusiast
  • Respect: +2
HSC Advanced English January Lecture Thread
« on: January 14, 2021, 08:05:48 pm »
Hey, everyone!

This thread has been created for those attending my Advanced English lecture on Wednesday the 20th.

Feel free to post any lingering questions you might have (about the HSC, English, whatever your heart desires!), or write a practice response to the given questions here for feedback by Saturday the 23rd January 11:59 pm.

The sample questions that were on the slides are below; please choose one and write a maximum of approximately 400 words. For the essay questions, this could include an introduction and body paragraph, or multiple body paragraphs!

Enjoy your holidays, good luck for the term ahead, and I hope you enjoy the lecture!  ;D

Question 1:

How effectively does your prescribed text tell stories to reveal both the personal and shared nature of human experiences?

OR

Question 2:

“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” – Oscar Wilde

To what extent does this quote reflect your understanding of Module A: Textual Conversations? In your response, make close reference to your two prescribed texts.

OR

Question 3:

“It may take many voices for people to hear the same message.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru

Use this quote as a stimulus for an imaginative, discursive or persuasive that offers insight into a significant concern or idea that you have engaged with in your prescribed texts from the Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences OR Module A.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:31:34 am by BellaLN »
HSC 2019:
- English Advanced (96) - English Extension I (48) - Ancient History (97) - Modern History (95) - History Extension (47) - Mathematics (88) - SOR I (49)

ATAR: 99.45

University 2020-2025:
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics @ UNSW - UNSW Law Equity Scholarship Recipient -