Login | Register
Enrol now for our new online tutoring program. Learn from the best tutors. Get amazing results. Learn more.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

January 16, 2021, 05:00:53 pm

Author Topic: Monash Confusion  (Read 349 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dualcitizen

  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Respect: 0
Monash Confusion
« on: January 14, 2021, 07:36:18 pm »
0
Hi everyone! I received an offer from Monash today but I am just so confused. To begin, I applied through VTAC as a domestic student. My first few preferences went as follows: 1) BCommerce + BCompSci // 2) BCommerce + BInfoTech. The offer I received is was for my second preference, BCommerce + BInfoTech. While I'm extremely thankful for the offer for my second preference, I can't help but want to see if a miracle will happen and I will get an offer for my first preference during the next round of offers. However, that next round of offers is happening at the beginning of Februrary. The deadline to accept my offer is in 7 days. What should I do? Do I need to accept this current offer and wait to accept another offer later on? How does financial liability work? I'm afraid that the moment I click enroll, I'll be financially liable, so I'm hesitant do what my instinct says to do.

Sine

  • Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 4795
  • Respect: +1782
Re: Monash Confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 07:44:29 pm »
+8
Hi everyone! I received an offer from Monash today but I am just so confused. To begin, I applied through VTAC as a domestic student. My first few preferences went as follows: 1) BCommerce + BCompSci // 2) BCommerce + BInfoTech. The offer I received is was for my second preference, BCommerce + BInfoTech. While I'm extremely thankful for the offer for my second preference, I can't help but want to see if a miracle will happen and I will get an offer for my first preference during the next round of offers. However, that next round of offers is happening at the beginning of Februrary. The deadline to accept my offer is in 7 days. What should I do? Do I need to accept this current offer and wait to accept another offer later on? How does financial liability work? I'm afraid that the moment I click enroll, I'll be financially liable, so I'm hesitant do what my instinct says to do.
congrats on your offer!

Accept your offer before it expires. Even after accepting your offer, you can still get later offers in further rounds.

If you get your first preference in later rounds you can always withdraw from your first round offer.

In terms of finances, there are things called census dates at uni and that is the date in which your enrolment for your units are finalised and you become academically and financially liable. The census date for Monash S1 is March 31 2021. Before the census date you can drop units and you won't incur debt.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:46:47 pm by Sine »

K888

  • VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 3619
  • Respect: +2731
Re: Monash Confusion
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 09:35:48 pm »
+1
Assuming things are similar to when I did year 12, accept the offer you get, then rearrange your preferences so the course you have an offer for is at the bottom, and wait for the next round of offers. As Sine said, you have plenty of time with census dates to be able to change courses.