Login | Register
Enrol now for our new online tutoring program. Learn from the best tutors. Get amazing results. Learn more.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

January 19, 2021, 04:35:10 pm

Author Topic: QUT General Chat & Discussion  (Read 345 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers enthusiast.
  • Respect: +7190
QUT General Chat & Discussion
« on: August 27, 2020, 09:41:42 am »
+3
QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
G E N E R A L   C H A T   T H R E A D

What is this thread for?
Welcome to the QUT general chat thread. ;D This thread is for anything QUT-related. If you have general questions, ask them here. If you don't know where to ask something, ask it here. If you want to vent about your day at uni, do it here. If you want to chat about your subjects, do it here. Basically, whatever you want - this is the place for it. 👌

Who can post here?
Anybody! Most will be current students at the university, but even if you're considering studying here, you're absolutely more than welcome to post! Providing different perspectives is incredibly valuable.

Just note that to ask a question or make a post, you will first need an ATAR Notes account. You probably already have one, but if you don't, it takes about four seconds to sign up - and it's completely free!

cgamb19

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: QUT General Chat & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 02:37:09 pm »
+1
Hi! I'd like to hear some opinions and thoughts about doing a dual degree in engineering/ science (majoring in physics) - is it worth it??

I've been quite torn as my research seems to indicate that dual degrees aren't particularly worth it. However, the reason it's my first preference is because I had a liking for engineering (and also it for its employability) all throughout high school, and fell in love with physics in year 11. I've been back and forth about taking it as I realised that engineering and physics are relatively similar fields - most of the time taking dual degrees are recommended to those who have a passion in two different fields like science and humanities.

I'd love to hear inputs!

Also, happy new year :)