Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 21, 2020, 02:18:25 pm

Author Topic: Deakin University Study Score Calculator  (Read 140 times)  Share 

DumpleDorf

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Deakin University Study Score Calculator
« on: August 13, 2020, 06:13:26 pm »
+1
I was wondering if anyone really knew how accurate the Deakin University study score calculator was. It doesn't seem the most stable or reliable ahah.

Here's the link: https://atar-calculator.deakin.edu.au/vce-study-score-calculator/

Thx
2019: Software Development [34]
2020: English Language, Methods, Physics, Accounting, Systems Engineering
ATAR Goal: 80.00
1st Course Preference: Bachelor of Computer Science @ RMIT University

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Obsessive
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +73
Re: Deakin University Study Score Calculator
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 06:16:46 pm »
+5
Having used it (but not actually tried it out because obviously I haven't finished my subjects yet, so dunno if it's accurate) I think it's not accurate, at least not this year. This year, so many unknowns, so I think probably don't trust it one little scrap. Maybe as a very general guide, but not the be-all and end-all, if you know what I mean.
VCE 2018-2020
2019: HHD 3/4 (31->?)
2020: Methods 3/4 (36?->?) | Revolutions (France/Russia) 3/4 (32?->?) | English 3/4 (43?->?) | Texts and Traditions 3/4 (42?->?)
Aiming 92+ ATAR - SS's in italics are my aims... some more unrealistic than others (I'm looking at you, Texts, English!)
Aims for uni/life
-Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery at Deakin (straight Nursing instead if I don't get in)
-Write/publish books (thanks NaNoWriMo.org!)
For Narnia!
Have counted to 73

mathsTeacher82

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Re: Deakin University Study Score Calculator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 08:37:37 pm »
+2
I tried the Deakin calculator and to me the VTAC scaling part looks fine, the exam score part looks fine, but the missing part is that it makes no effort to moderate SAC scores. An 80% SAC score can mean a completely different thing in two different schools, depending on the difficulty of the SAC and the cohort of students. That is the whole reason VCAA uses a SAC moderation process.

Mod edit: removed link to competitor site. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:17:43 pm by insanipi »