Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:14:37 pm

Author Topic: Physics revision unit 3  (Read 1164 times)  Share 

Ryanyeltrom

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Physics revision unit 3
« on: June 29, 2020, 08:30:14 pm »
Hello, I was just wondering the best way to revise the content from unit 3? What worked best for you and what was the most beneficial way of revising in your opinion?
Thanks

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
Re: Physics revision unit 3
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 01:01:36 pm »
+5
I found that making a handwritten cheat sheet and doing checkpoints questions were the most useful way of revision.

Making a cheat sheet takes a long time, especially if you make it really neat and colourful. I found it good how that time spent writing out all the formulas for each area of study and highlighting them and writing a few useful notes, made my brain revisit everything we've done and remind me of the topics and formulas, and you are going back and looking at all your past notes while doing it so it can alert you to areas you forgot existed. It can make you feel more in control when you know everything you've done this year is sort of on the piece of paper. It's handy for when you need to get your final exam cheatsheet ready, if you know what you have already prepared want to write for unit 3.

Also, practice exam questions are the best way of practising answering the different question types and areas.
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

Ryanyeltrom

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Physics revision unit 3
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 08:43:21 am »
Thanks for the reply!
I'll give that a go.