Login | Register
Enrol now for our new online tutoring program. Learn from the best tutors. Get amazing results. Learn more.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 30, 2020, 07:26:32 pm

Author Topic: University General Chat  (Read 5977 times)  Share 

Sine

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1629
Re: University General Chat
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2020, 06:57:29 pm »
+4
Hello!

I'm looking for some advice regarding a good undergraduate degree as a pathway to medicine. For UQ, in particular, there are four possible undergrad degrees I'm interested in (in the event I don't get a provisional entry):
   Bachelor of Biomedical Science
   Bachelor of Science
   Bachelor of Advanced Science (with Honours)
   Bachelor of Pharmacy (with Honours)
I have had several recommendations that Pharmacy would be beneficial before a medical degree and obviously most universities recommend Biomed as a pathway. But what about the others? Only two of these can go on my QTAC preferences so I need to choose. What's the difference between Advanced science and Science? Is advanced just a bit harder or goes into more depth? Would this be beneficial before a medical degree as well?
Thank you!
I don't think there really is an absolute recommended pathway tbh really up to the individual. All those degrees would be beneficial but also many other degrees that most people wouldn't consider would also be useful.

The difference between Science and Advanced Science is that Science is a 3-year degree and Advanced science is a 4-year degree. The extra year for the advanced degree is a full-year research project. From my quick look at the UQ website, it seems like the Science degree has a lot more majors avaliable than the advanced degree has.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3023
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2020, 10:20:11 am »
+2
Heyo, looking at mitochondrial replacement therapy from an evolutionary ecology perspective but I'm curious to see what the bio/med perspective is if anyone is happy to share.

e.g. what I've read from an ecology perspective is pretty focused on mitonuclear interactions & coevolution

Garry1117

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2020, 01:04:35 pm »
I just needed to ask about the entry requirements for the Bachelor of Business at Monash University. The selection rank for the course is 82.10 and I receive 4 bonus points for the subjects I do. Does this mean I'll need an ATAR of 78.10 to be within the selection rank for the course? I am also receiving SEAS for a medical condition that can be classified as a learning disability. I'm expected to receive around 3 to 4 points for this as well. Would this ultimately mean I would have to achieve an ATAR of around 74-75 in order to be withing the selection rank for this course? Thank you